Chapala.com Webboard

TelMex in Ajijic open for payments?

Need to pay the phone bill.  Is the TelMex office open?

Haven't been able to figure out how to pay the bill on line.  They do accept a U.S. credit card in the office, don't know if they accept it on line.

If anyone here could walk us through for on line payment that would be much appreciated.

Just now, Mainecoons said:

Need to pay the phone bill.  Is the TelMex office open?

Haven't been able to figure out how to pay the bill on line.  They do accept a U.S. credit card in the office, don't know if they accept it on line.

If anyone here could walk us through for on line payment that would be much appreciated.

Do you have a mitelmex account?  If not  open   one https://mitelmex.telmex.com/web/hogar/home

If you use Chrome as your browser it will translate if you don't read Spanish.  Works fine with Mexico debit or CCard. Haven't tried US Ccard 

• Thanks 1

Was there today to try to get my service restored in a 2 month ongoing Novela....had to take a ticket and wait an hour and another half hour of the rep on the phone and computer to get another service number and promise for a visit by a tech in "the next few days". Third time for this same story. Yesterday was told that before I had re-ported from ILox and then returned to Telmex (because of the lousy ILox phone service) I owed 14 pesos from my old service and that was the reason my service was cut. I paid and she told me that by the time I got home my service would be restored...got home and NADA, thus my trip there today. They are open and the payment desk is directly in front as you walk in. No waiting and no problem as long as you have cash to pay your bill. VIVA MEXICO!!!

4 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Do you have a mitelmex account?  If not  open   one https://mitelmex.telmex.com/web/hogar/home

If you use Chrome as your browser it will translate if you don't read Spanish.  Works fine with Mexico debit or CCard. Haven't tried US Ccard 

I paid my bill yesterday using a Canadian credit card.   It gave me the option of payiing in pesos or Canadian dollars.    

• Thanks 1

Pay them a year in advance...The bill is the same  except for long distance calls or an excessive # of calls..You will get a bill every month showing your credit balance so that keeps you informed when it is time to Pago again..

20 minutes ago, Brian Dalziel said:

I use the Mi Telcel smart phone app to pay using a U.S. credit card.  It was a little quirky using it the first time -- the application doesn't seem to like U.S. zip codes very much but I kept keying that in several times and finally it was accepted.  

Was that for paying for a land line or just your cell phone?

52 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Charges 2.99 USD per bill but beats standing in lines at this time, IMO

https://www.xoom.com/mexico/pay-bills

The Telmex pay in the U.S. site charges $2 per bill.  Probably better to pay TelMex direct using this than a third party.

Thanks to everyone for the help.