Chapala.com Webboard

Name one reason why you enjoy living in the Ajijic area

There is another thread here telling how bad things are in Ajijic.  I thought it would be great if people said what they liked about living here.  Please give only one reason so we can have a variety.  It is ok to give the same reason as someone else.  My top reason is all the restaurants here.  We have many, many good ones and a few bad ones which can be avoided.  I have never lived anywhere  where in such a short distance I can have so many choices.  The restaurants have character and the staff usually goes overboard to please you.  If I don't like a restaurant, I have over a hundred more to choose from.

Very beautifully said Seren. and I can add so many other great things, like great weather, great prices, great people from many countries to include my Mexican friends. Oops, it says mention only one thing. It's just there are so many great reasons to choose living here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't live there.... but am there a ton.  If I have to pick just one of the many good things I think I would say that it is such an abundance of things to do/be involved in for such a small community.

• Like 2

This morning I rolled over at about 6 .30 ..( a little  fuzzy perhaps ...more wine than usual..the virus. .? ) ....our house was enveloped with birdsong...without moving my head  ( thankfully). .I could see the first few shards of daylight gradually tingeing  the sky through our  palms  looking across the lake to Mt Garcia .  Believe it or not I thought about your post ...one thing ... Nay ...not possible...so...I’m gonna give you a quick list... the Mexican smile , our friends from all over the globe  , .middle of the night thunderstorm in summer .. the hiking trails  ,streams and waterfalls ., the malecon with all its water birds and flora  ,our local restaurants far from perfect 

but .they try ,the blood red sunsets in the fall....the giving nature of the expats who contribute  so much to local charities....we may never be a Puebla Magico but we are a magic village  .Is it perfect....far from it ....but the idea that that something so insidious  and vile as the c virus is gradually making its way here just breaks my heart... let’s hope....

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Ian Greenwood said:

This morning I rolled over at about 6 .30 ..( a little  fuzzy perhaps ...more wine than usual..the virus. .? ) ....our house was enveloped with birdsong...without moving my head  ( thankfully). .I could see the first few shards of daylight gradually tingeing  the sky through our  palms  looking across the lake to Mt Garcia .  Believe it or not I thought about your post ...one thing ... Nay ...not possible...so...I’m gonna give you a quick list... the Mexican smile , our friends from all over the globe  , .middle of the night thunderstorm in summer .. the hiking trails  ,streams and waterfalls ., the malecon with all its water birds and flora  ,our local restaurants far from perfect 

but .they try ,the blood red sunsets in the fall....the giving nature of the expats who contribute  so much to local charities....we may never be a Puebla Magico but we are a magic village  .Is it perfect....far from it ....but the idea that that something so insidious  and vile as the c virus is gradually making its way here just breaks my heart... let’s hope....

A tad over the one reason but you have expressed the thoughts of many of  us.  Gracias