Chapala.com Webboard

Medical Gloves Available?

CalGal

Trying to help. Latex and nitrile gloves are extremely uncomfortable to wear over any period of time. Buy 100% cotton white inspection gloves and silicone skin barrier cream. If something really mucky is required, wear latex or nitrile gloves one size larger over them. Get a bucket of bleach and water and soak the used cotton gloves, rinse, dry in the sun. Careful they shrink easily. I spent over ten years of my life working in gloves and respirators of all types. Funniest time, working on a huge movie set, wearing full face air supply, spraying polyurethane foam. Funny smell, the respirator pumps were located where the trash movie workers were smoking their cannabis.

3 hours ago, dencol said:

Farmacia Cristina be El Torito has them, small, medium and large sizes. Box of 50 pair $250.00 pesos or you can buy from open boxes.

Well, if they are pulled from open boxes, they won't be sterile anymore, duh.

If you can't get medical gloves, just use regular household rubber gloves- You can wash your hands with the gloves on, with soap and water, then remove them, set them outside for awhile to be safe, and reuse them. I couldn't care less if I look like a dork right now. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, dencol said:

Mudgirl, every glove they sell is factory sealed. If you buy a sealed box you will get 100 gloves individually sealed. The farmacia just opens up a box so you have a choice of how many gloves you need. These are sterile gloves.

Okay, as long as you sterilize the outside of the package before touching with bare hands.