Chapala.com Webboard

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Ellie

36 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

Your family is perhaps better educated than many. While we are online every day informing ourselves as to the latest information, many Mexicans are actually illiterate, especially some of the older generation. Not stupid, just illiterate- they actually can't read all the stuff we are reading. The locals where I live are carrying on as if it's just business as usual  Food handlers not wearing gloves or masks, coughing and sneezing and spitting in public, congregating in groups and throwing parties. Yes, they need to be educated, gently and kindly,  before they find their loved ones carted off in body bags.

Alan, this is no time to be defending Mexicans, as if we are being racist or something. While you may be seeing your Mexican family and friends being as aware as you are, many of us are seeing the opposite. What's important right now is that as many people as possible understand the gravity of the situation.

https://news.yahoo.com/too-little-too-experts-decry-215746158.html

Look who is leading the country and what he is doing.

I am preparing for another Madrid here in CDMX. The only good thing is outdoors after 28C it dies. In Madrid it is still cool. 849 deaths yesterday in Spain. Only 5,000 respirators in all of the socialized medicine facilities in Mexico according to AMLO.

12 minutes ago, AlanMexicali said:

The only good thing is outdoors after 28C it dies.

I haven't read any conclusive evidence to that effect- sources? And even if that's true, that only pertains to the virus on surfaces- people can still pass it from one to another, which is the main source of transmission. I can't see the ambient temperature making a whole lot of difference.

On 3/31/2020 at 7:36 PM, Kyle said:

Please educate your Mexican friends and neighbors!  They truly do not understand.

On 3/31/2020 at 8:08 PM, AlanMexicali said:

What an understatement. All my wife's Mexican family and friends and our neighbors understand very well.

On 3/31/2020 at 8:17 PM, mudgirl said:

Your family is perhaps better educated than many. While we are online every day informing ourselves as to the latest information, many Mexicans are actually illiterate, especially some of the older generation. Not stupid, just illiterate- they actually can't read all the stuff we are reading. The locals where I live are carrying on as if it's just business as usual  Food handlers not wearing gloves or masks, coughing and sneezing and spitting in public, congregating in groups and throwing parties. Yes, they need to be educated, gently and kindly,  before they find their loved ones carted off in body bags.

Alan, this is no time to be defending Mexicans, as if we are being racist or something. While you may be seeing your Mexican family and friends being as aware as you are, many of us are seeing the opposite. What's important right now is that as many people as possible understand the gravity of the situation.

Google Translation:

"MORE THAN HALF OF MEXICANS DISTRUST AMLO'S CAPACITY BEFORE CORONAVIRUSES

- 65 percent believe that there are already infected people in their environment

According to a national survey carried out by the company indagar.mx, 53.72 percent do not trust that the President of Mexico Andrés Manuel López Obrador will take correct measures to face the consequences of Coronavirus.

Surveys were applied to a thousand elderly people with Internet access in the Mexican Republic, during the second half of March 2020. This survey has a confidence level of 95% and ± 5% error.

In the face of the world coronavirus pandemic, 78.03 percent of the Mexican population shows a high fear of being infected. A 66.15 said they were aware of measures to take to avoid contagion. More than half, 66.15 percent, consider that there are more infected than those reported by the authority.

Most interviewees agree with measures to prevent infections, such as: totally isolating people with symptoms (92.19 percent); cancel concerts, festivals and massive events (98.44 percent); cancel sports events (98.27 percent); prohibit travelers from entering Mexico (88.28 percent); suspend classes at all levels (97.66 percent); suspend church activities (94.53 percent); quarantine for the population (64.84 percent); suspend public transportation (57.81 percent).

The study reveals that the Mexican population is taking measures to take care of the contagion such as: washing their hands many times (99.19 percent); avoid waving or kissing (99.19 percent); not attending places where there are crowds (97.56 percent); wearing masks (39.02 percent); use of disinfecting gel (79.67 percent); avoid leaving (97.56 percent); locking themselves up at home and not receiving visitors (83.74 percent).

77.24 percent of the population considers that the current situation is very serious for the world. While 71.67 percent consider that it is very serious for Mexico.
41.80 percent of those interviewed have the perception that the government is not taking the correct measures to prevent contagion in the population; 53.72 does not trust that the President of Mexico is taking the correct measures to face the consequences of the Coronavirus.

42.98 percent of Mexicans do not believe that our health system is prepared to cope with the coronavirus pandemic; 80.17 percent believe that the world will soon find a vaccine. Finally, 65 percent of the Mexicans who were interviewed believe that there are infected people in the environment where they move.

TO SEE THE COMPLETE STUDY CLICK HERE ⬇️
https://bit.ly/2xxmWBl

#Inquire #OpinionStudy #StayInHome #HappyThursday

Government of Mexico
Government of the State of San Luis Potosí
H. City Council of San Luis Potosí
MORENA (National Regeneration Movement)
Morena San Luis Potosí Official
Institutional Revolutionary Party
PRI San Luis Potosí
National Action Party
National Action Party S.L.P.
Green Ecological Party
Green Ecological Party Of Mexico SLP
Party of the Democratic Revolution
Partido de la Revolución Democrática SLP Oficial
Labor Party (PT)
Labor Party, San Luis Potosí
New Alliance Party
New Alliance SLP Party
Citizen movement
San Luis Potosí Citizen Movement"

Your speculations weren't even in the ballpark but mine was. This is something most obviously understand very well. You forget how fast word about something big travels in Mexico.

4 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

Surveys were applied to a thousand elderly people with Internet access in the Mexican Republic, during the second half of March 2020.

This isn't a very accurate representation of the general population. Of course people with Internet access are going to be more informed, or potentially more informed, and the elderly are going to be much more attuned to what is going on since they are in the high risk group.

I invite you to come to my town, where people are standing around with their heads all together, laughing at something on their cell phone, spitting indiscrimately on the street, serving food with no masks or gloves. ATVs full of teenagers, and my Ciel water delivery guys started laughing when I told them to just leave the garafons on the end of the porch, as I was being careful to distance because of the virus warnings.

• Thanks 1

Well here is the official message they are driving around announcing in English

• Like 2