Chapala.com Webboard

Has Interjet gone out of business?

Has anyone else had problems with Interjet? I've been trying to reach them since the middle of the month to cancel a San Francisco trip I booked for 23-29 March. San Francisco was already in lock-down a week or more before I was scheduled to fly, but I couldn't get through to Interjet on either of the 2 numbers for Customer Service in Mexico City.  I also sent 4 emails to the address on their Customer Service web page, and only had responses to the first 2, stating that I would have to speak to someone by phone! I've made multiple calls each day and only got thru to be put on hold for a representative on 3 occasions; each time I was cut off after approximately 40 minutes. After all this, I received several automated emails from Interjet updating me on the status of my flight, including 2 that had me flying on the wrong date entirely. (???)

Lupita at Viajes Ajijic was trying to reach Interjet on my behalf as well, with no better success. Apparently she stopped booking clients with them sometime around last September because of rumours that they were in financial trouble; I booked this one myself online and she's only been trying to help because she understands how frustrated I am. I even wrote the Aviation Consumer Protection Division in Washington D.C. and cc'd them copies of my emails; the Interjet website displays their address as an alternative if you have complaints but I don't expect they'll actually intercede.

Can anyone suggest further resources I can utilize to obtain a refund? It says right on the Interjet website that "In case your travel is affected by causes that are attributable to Interjet or for any other extraordinary circumstances, you may request a refund which would be processed in the following manner..." I should think a global pandemic would constitute "extraordinary circumstances" if anything does...

Obviously the flight went without me last Monday, and was never officially cancelled. At this point I don't know what else to do and can't afford to just write off the money!

They had announced they stopped flying internationally over a week ago.  

There were stories last fall that they had financial problems; the biggest was back taxes to Mexico.  They later announced they had worked out a payment plan.  Quien sabe. 

I was having the same problem and made a last ditch effort.  Googled Interjet Customer Service Complaints and called 55 1102 5511 on March 28.  Asked for someone who spoke English and got through quickly.    Because I had booked the "light" option, I could not get a refund and had to rebook............picked a random date in the fall and was charged the $3.38 difference in the price.  Suspect I will change the date but it was a cheap way not to lose all the ticket cost.  She did tell me that changes must be made 24 hours before flight time so good luck as flight date is come and gone but worth trying.

My friend just contacted them using this technique:  go to their Facebook page, send them a message that includes the following:

Your name, your confirmation number, who you bought the ticket through (Interjet or a 3rd party), how you paid for the ticket (Visa, Mastercard, American Express) and your Mexican telephone or cell phone number.  He said you can expect a response in 1 to 2 days.

Good luck!

Today we tried to find out what we can get from Interjet in the way of credit or refund. Even though the DOT has mandated that airlines give refunds, I doubt that covers Interjet since they will not receive bailout money.  Their website states that they will be emailing vouchers directly and automatically to the email address attached to the ticket.

However we purchased the ticket through Expedia because at the time the Interjet website just wouldn't work.

So I have doubts that Interjet will indeed issue the voucher.

We were able to get through to an agent over the phone however we were then instructed to call a different toll free number which cannot be reached by cell phone...

to be continued.....

42 minutes ago, ea93105 said:

Today we tried to find out what we can get from Interjet in the way of credit or refund. Even though the DOT has mandated that airlines give refunds, I doubt that covers Interjet since they will not receive bailout money.  Their website states that they will be emailing vouchers directly and automatically to the email address attached to the ticket.

However we purchased the ticket through Expedia because at the time the Interjet website just wouldn't work.

So I have doubts that Interjet will indeed issue the voucher.

We were able to get through to an agent over the phone however we were then instructed to call a different toll free number which cannot be reached by cell phone...

to be continued.....

Have you contacted Expedia?

I understand that they have curtailed most International routes pending landing permissions. They continue to service all domestic routes. I have moved our flight to Montreal back into Early May & rec'd a new itinerary minus seat selection. Time will tell.

Copied from Interjet Facebook post #InterjetInforma

Debido a la crisis sanitaria a nivel global por COVID-19, y con el fin de garantizar la seguridad de sus pasajeros y colaboradores, Interjet informa que como medida preventiva, DEJARÁ DE OPERAR TEMPORALMENTE sus RUTAS INTERNACIONALES a partir del 24 de marzo.

Esta medida se toma en respuesta al cierre de fronteras y a las restricciones que han anunciado distintos países para los vuelos internacionales, así como la disminución de la demanda de pasajeros a dichos destinos. Cabe mencionar que INTERJET CONTINÚA OPERANDO VUELOS NACIONALES durante esta contingencia.

Clic aquí para leer más: https://bit.ly/AvisoImportante_Interjet

#InterjetInforma Due to the global health crisis by COVID-19, and in order to ensure the safety of its passengers and collaborators, Interjet reports that as a preventive measure, it will stop operating temporarily its international routes from 24th March. This measure is taken in response to border closure and restrictions announced by different countries for international flights, as well as the decrease in demand for passengers to those destinations. It should be mentioned that INTERJET CONTINUES OPERING NATIONAL FLIGHTS during this contingency. Click here to read more: https://bit.ly/AvisoImportante_Interjet

Note: Volaris has suspended several flights................

https://cms.volaris.com/en/travel-info/coronavirus-update/

Flight canceled due to extraordinary circumstances.

We will give you an electronic for the amount of the base fare and the additional services you purchased. You can use it to book a new flight in the next 90 days, to travel within 12 months.

Routes that we are operating

Due to the coronavirus contingency and following the regulations of the countries where we fly to and from, we have adjusted our operations.

Suspended routes

Check the routes that we had to suspend due to the contingency.

Miami

Miami (MIA) - Guadalajara (GDL)

Miami (MIA) - Mexico City (MEX)