Chapala.com Webboard

The Best Education on The Corona Virus, science based

Interest shot in the beginning of that video showing a lot of people standing much closer to each other than is recommended.  They are wearing masks.  Other experts have downplayed the effectiveness of masks.

Also note the death data, seems much higher than in the early going for Mexico and the U.S.  The doctor is citing 2-3 percent.  

Korea shows what can be done when you have a highly centralized government, docile and homogeneous population and a very limited land area to deal with.  They are to be commended but it is unrealistic to expect far, far larger and more diverse countries with thousands of government "players" to do as well.  It is not a question of leadership so much as a huge problem in medical logistics.

There is an excellent interview on Watters World of a NY doctor who does a brilliant job of summarizing how it is possible to really control this disease with good personal habits.  I won't cite the link because that will just invite attack from the usual parties so if you are interested google it up.  The first 15 minutes of the segment where the doctor is doing most of the talking has most of the good information.

In other breaking news out of NY, the doctor there who has been treating people with the "you know what" drug combo is now up to nearly 700 successful cures.  I think by the end of this coming week we will be seeing more of these kinds of reports.  He is apparently using zinc along with the other two treatments.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Interest shot in the beginning of that video showing a lot of people standing much closer to each other than is recommended.  They are wearing masks.  Other experts have downplayed the effectiveness of masks.

Also note the death data, seems much higher than in the early going for Mexico and the U.S.  The doctor is citing 2-3 percent.  

Korea shows what can be done when you have a highly centralized government, docile and homogeneous population and a very limited land area to deal with.  They are to be commended but it is unrealistic to expect far, far larger and more diverse countries with thousands of government "players" to do as well.  It is not a question of leadership so much as a huge problem in medical logistics.

There is an excellent interview on Watters World of a NY doctor who does a brilliant job of summarizing how it is possible to really control this disease with good personal habits.  I won't cite the link because that will just invite attack from the usual parties so if you are interested google it up.  The first 15 minutes of the segment where the doctor is doing most of the talking has most of the good information.

In other breaking news out of NY, the doctor there who has been treating people with the "you know what" drug combo is now up to nearly 700 successful cures.  I think by the end of this coming week we will be seeing more of these kinds of reports.  He is apparently using zinc along with the other two treatments.

Waters World... just consider the source and you won’t need to waste your time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Watters

3 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Actually......you did site the source sweetie.  Waters world?

"cite"

"Watters"

:D 

For the rest of you:  I saw the clip on a totally unpolitical Coronavirus site that recommended it because the ICU doc in NY really did a great job of explaining how to block transmission to yourself.  IMO the doc did a better job of this and it is more relevant to people in this hemisphere which is why I suggested it as another discussion worth watching.  Politics and other countries aren't even mentioned in it.

Here's the text of the core of it.  

Jesse Watters featured Dr. David Price of Weill Cornell Medical Center on "Watters' World" Saturday, where the New York City doctor gave advice on how people can prevent spreading the coronavirus.

"You may hear a little inflection in my voice like I'm emotional. It's not because I'm scared. It's actually the opposite. For the first time in a while, I'm actually not scared," Price said via video. "I work at probably the premier hospital in New York City. Our hospital is almost exclusively a COVID-19 hospital, but we're learning and we know a lot. And what I want you guys to know is that every single day we're getting better, we know more. And I am confident that the stuff I can tell you today should make you guys feel like when this comes to your community that you don't have to be scared and that you can protect your family."

'PERFECTLY HEALTHY' TEXAS DAD WITH CORONAVIRUS DIES FROM COVID-19

Price went on say the virus is primarily transmitted by touching someone who has the virus and then touching your face.

"The ways that you get this is the transmission of the virus almost exclusively from your hands to your face, from your hands to your face and inside your eyes, into your nose or into your mouth," Price explained. "So there's a lot of talk about contact or getting it through contacts, hands to face."

The doctor also addressed the idea that the virus is transmitted by "long sustained contact" or through the air.

"There's also a small thought that it can be aerosolized, that it can kind of exist a little bit in the air," Price said. "The thought at this point is that you actually have to have very long sustained contact with someone. And I'm talking about over 15 to 30 minutes in an unprotected environment, meaning you're in a very closed room without any type of mask for you to get it that way."

"But very simply stated, the overwhelming majority of people are getting this by physically touching someone who has this disease or will develop it in the next one to two days and then touching their face," he pointed out.

"The thing that makes me smile a little bit is I actually know now that I won't get this disease because I know how to protect myself," Price said in the video.

Price offered two practical tips to keep you, your family and your friends from getting the coronavirus.

"Become a hand Nazi. Everything you know about your hands, just keep it clean and you will not get this disease," Price said. "The second thing is you have to start psychologically working on the connection between your hands and your face."

CLICK HERE FOR FULL CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE

"Those two things combined is incredibly powerful and will prevent the transmission of disease in your family in 99 percent of cases, to know your hands are clean and not touch your face, period," Price added.

• Like 2

I have problems with the facts presented by this talking head.

Watters has drawn criticism for numerous provocative and inaccurate statements. Media Matters reported his comments on climate change, where he claimed that "You can fight climate change with suntan lotion. It's not that big of a deal", and that referring to President Trump's policy of separating children from their families, he claimed "some would say it's a more humane policy" than keeping them together.

In January 2017, Watters faulted John Podesta, Hillary Clinton's campaign manager, for the theft of his emails by Russian hackers. Watters said: "What happened was John Podesta gave his password to a hacker. And guess what his password was. 'Password.' It's a true story. His password was 'password.'" The factchecking website PolitiFact rated Watters claim "False."

On the twelfth anniversary of the September 11 terror attacks, Watters stated on the Fox News' O'Reilly Factor, in regard to domestic terrorism: "It is always a Muslim."

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

Watters has drawn criticism for numerous provocative and inaccurate statements. Media Matters reported his comments on climate change, where he claimed that "You can fight climate change with suntan lotion. It's not that big of a deal", and that referring to President Trump's policy of separating children from their families, he claimed "some would say it's a more humane policy" than keeping them together.

In January 2017, Watters faulted John Podesta, Hillary Clinton's campaign manager, for the theft of his emails by Russian hackers. Watters said: "What happened was John Podesta gave his password to a hacker. And guess what his password was. 'Password.' It's a true story. His password was 'password.'" The factchecking website PolitiFact rated Watters claim "False."

On the twelfth anniversary of the September 11 terror attacks, Watters stated on the Fox News' O'Reilly Factor, in regard to domestic terrorism: "It is always a Muslim."

Read the text and let us know what that has to do with your complaint. 

The text is the Doctor speaking.  Are you suggesting the Doctor was lying?  On what basis other than your reaction to media that doesn't fit your narrative?

I could post crap here all day blowing up Media Matters but that just turns into another circle jerk.  I have no idea what Watters does or does not as I don't watch either he or Fox. 

I found value in what the Doctor had to say.  So did others which is why it was posted as part of a discussion on how to handle this disease.  If you don't, fine.  Let's move on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

Kudos Angus! You just can’t make up anything crazier than the insanity floated around as truth these days.  My mind boggles as my hopes for the future fades.  

2 hours ago, mudgirl said:

If someone has a history of making inaccurate statements, I'd say that's a relevant factor in whether to believe other things they say.

So you think the Doctor has a history of making inaccurate statements?  On what basis are you making that claim?  Read the transcript above, it is the doctor's comments that are the meat of this thing.  I don't see anything inaccurate in his comments nor do I have any prior knowledge that he has done what you claim.

This was posted so people could see what this obviously experienced NY doctor in the thick of things has to say.  Do you think it might be possible for you to just pay attention to that and ignore the rest?  There's not a hint of politics in his comments. 

If you can't because you are so triggered by whose program the Doctor's comments are on just ignore the whole thing.  That's all you have to do.  Others here might get some value from his comments.  My wife and I did.

As for the "journalist" involved on the basis you stated not a one of them could be believed, Watters is hardly unique here.  That's just the way it is these days which is why one has to do some serious digging to get to the bottom of things.  I don't waste a lot of time watching any of these talking heads for that reason.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1