Chapala.com Webboard

TO ALL US CITIZENS NOT GETTING SOCIAL SECURITY or filed a US tax return YOU MAY MISS THE $1200 GIVEN OUT BY THE US GOVT

NBC news update - posted April 1st .. I will make it brief :

Mnuchin reverses course, won't force seniors to file tax return for coronavirus stimulus check
Americans.April 1, 2020, 8:19 PM CDT / Updated April 1, 2020, 8:33 PM CDT
WASHINGTON — The Trump administration backtracked Wednesday evening on new rules for getting stimulus checks, saying Social Security recipients won't have to file a tax return to receive a payment.  The move is a response to pressure from elderly Americans and senators to rescind guidance issued Monday that said seniors needed to file a return to get the checks of up to $1,200, even if they weren't ordinarily required to file taxes.
"We want to ensure that our senior citizens, individuals with disabilities, and low-income Americans receive Economic Impact Payments quickly and without undue burden," said Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin. “Social Security recipients who are not typically required to file a tax return need to take no action, and will receive their payment directly to their bank account.”
Treasury officials said the IRS will use existing SSA-1099 and RRB-1099 forms to make the payments to seniors. They'll get a direct deposit if there is a bank account on file; otherwise they'll receive a check in the mail.
Do some research yourself, as this  has been a 'fluid' situation, like everything going on now..

44 minutes ago, doberwoman said:

I didn´t get yesterday, even, my monthly deposit! and of course, I do not have social security....  :( :(  I would be happy to have at least the  regular deposit.... :(

Okay, sorry but I just don’t understand.

are you a USA citizen?

do you have an SSN?

every US citizen gets at least  some SS monthly benefit amount even if they paid in very little.

6 minutes ago, El Menudo said:

Okay, sorry but I just don’t understand.

are you a USA citizen?

do you have an SSN?

every US citizen gets at least  some SS monthly benefit amount even if they paid in very little.

Maybe she's not yet 62.  Maybe she is talking about a private pension.  Maybe she is a drama queen??

FYI, not every citizen gets SS benefits.  Have to have paid in 40 quarters (10 years, but not necessary to be consecutive).  My FIL did not get SS, but did get Medicare.  

5 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Maybe she's not yet 62.  Maybe she is talking about a private pension.  Maybe she is a drama queen??

FYI, not every citizen gets SS benefits.  Have to have paid in 40 quarters (10 years, but not necessary to be consecutive).  My FIL did not get SS, but did get Medicare.  

Good thoughts!

Original advice the OP posted has not changed. 

To all US citizens who do not get social security and who did not file a tax return in 2018 or 2019".   

Traderspock's suggestion to file a tax return ASAP is a very good one. 

How would the government give you the money?? How would the government know you even exist?  

Hace 53 minutos, Mostlost dijo:

USA government

33 minutes ago, doberwoman said:

USA government

It would help if you say what department of the government.  Maybe with the facts someone here can help. Also what day do you normally receive your deposit? 

For example some deposits of SSI that normally fall on the first were recorded today.

11 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

For example some deposits of SSI...

It is not SSI.

Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is a Federal income supplement program funded by general tax revenues (not Social Security taxes):

blue ball It is designed to help aged, blind, and disabled people, who have little or no income; and
blue ball It provides cash to meet basic needs for food, clothing, and shelter.

17 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

It would help if you say what department of the government.  Maybe with the facts someone here can help. Also what day do you normally receive your deposit? 

For example some deposits of SSI that normally fall on the first were recorded today.

and El Menudo!  All of you, Thanks for sharing your suggestions! :)  I am not a drama queen.  But JUST IN THIS MOMENT, I got the deposit  I guess it was only banking traffic and lack of enough people in the bank.     THANKS LORD!  All of you be happy and take care "Su Sana Distancia"  :)   See ya!  😴

5 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

It is not SSI.

Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is a Federal income supplement program funded by general tax revenues (not Social Security taxes):

blue ball It is designed to help aged, blind, and disabled people, who have little or no income; and
blue ball It provides cash to meet basic needs for food, clothing, and shelter.

Excuse me..... I was meaning Social Security Income, But I think the poster understood 100% what I meant. 

• Thanks 1

...they already have.

This Post is now in it's 2nd week. The OP originally stated something that is still holding up....

IF one does not get Social Security and IF one did not file in 2018 nor 2019, then it might be wise to do a '2019 quick file' now in order to get on the gravy train.

• Thanks 1

Copied from another Forum....

Stimulus Check Registration for those not on Social Security or who have not filed 2018 or 2019 US taxes

Apr 9   

Hi,
I have read that US citizens on Social Security will automatically receive their stimulus check, likely through direct deposit, or if not, as a physical check at the address that the SSA has for them, even if they have not filed 2018 or 2019 taxes.  However, there may be US citizens here who are not on Social Security AND who have not filed their 2018 or 2019 taxes.  If so, the IRS and TurboTax have partnered to create a portal that will allow those people to register online.  Perhaps you know someone who is a dual national (Mexico-US) who has not filed their US taxes in recent years, or an American citizen not on Social Security who lives here but has not filed either of those year's taxes. Theoretically this portal will allow them to register their address and, if they want, I think their banking information so that they can receive the $1,200. I have not used this myself, but I came across it and I thought it might be useful to a few people in this type of special situation.

TurboTax Stimulus Registration - https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/

IRS set up a new page for those that do do not have social security  or Filed 2018 or 2019 tax, to give your info to get check.

you do no have to file tax return, if you did you may get it faster, but you must sign in to get check and give your personal info

for those getting some other form of income like veterans disability etc

www.irs.gov