Chapala.com Webboard

Corona Virus

Jim Ryan

On 3/30/2020 at 2:41 PM, Zeb said:

I think you mean "mordita".

There is no such word as mordita in Spanish  

mordida nf AmL (dinero por soborno) bribe, backhander n
    kickback n
  Pagué la mordida al funcionario para que me agilizara los papeles.
  I paid the government employee a bribe (or: backhander) to hurry up the documentation process.
  • Like 1

https://news.yahoo.com/thank-china-mexico-grateful-coronavirus-205132240.html

"The Jack Ma Foundation and the Alibaba Foundation gave 100,000 masks, 50,000 test kits and five respirators, which arrived in Mexico midnight on Tuesday, according to the Chinese Cultural Center in Mexico.

China, where coronavirus originated last year, has been courting Latin American nations with medical diplomacy as regional powerhouse the United States struggles to contain the spread of the highly-contagious virus within its own borders.

Last month, Ebrard said China's government was helping Mexico obtain 300 respirators.

"They have had a commendable attitude with Mexico. They have shared with us all their information, their findings," he said."

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

https://news.yahoo.com/thank-china-mexico-grateful-coronavirus-205132240.html

"The Jack Ma Foundation and the Alibaba Foundation gave 100,000 masks, 50,000 test kits and five respirators, which arrived in Mexico midnight on Tuesday, according to the Chinese Cultural Center in Mexico.

China, where coronavirus originated last year, has been courting Latin American nations with medical diplomacy as regional powerhouse the United States struggles to contain the spread of the highly-contagious virus within its own borders.

Last month, Ebrard said China's government was helping Mexico obtain 300 respirators.

"They have had a commendable attitude with Mexico. They have shared with us all their information, their findings," he said."

Hopefully these supplies are not the same as the sub-standard equipment China sent to Italy and Spain.

On 4/1/2020 at 11:57 PM, slainte39 said:

Some people don´t read the posts ahead of theirs in their quest to be the "expert".

Again sniping at me??? Must you always??  I sent you a nice PM and asked you to stop. 

Now I will ask you publicly.

Please stop with your comments about my posts. 

• Like 1

There is no free lunch with the Chinese government, they live for money. They send defective equipment to Spain, sold the masks France had ordered to the US because they pay more for them and if they do anything for free there is an ulterior motive, that is the way the Chinese government works. They lied as long and as much as they could about the virus and we have them to thank for not being warned properly

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bmh said:

There is no free lunch with the Chinese government, they live for money. They send defective equipment to Spain, sold the masks France had ordered to the US because they pay more for them and if they do anything for free there is an ulterior motive, that is the way the Chinese government works. They lied as long and as much as they could about the virus and we have them to thank for not being warned properly

Amen!

• Thanks 1