Chapala.com Webboard

Anything being done for the poor locally regards covid19

I think anyone that understands even a little about covid19 likely understand the worst hit will be the low income group.

That means our gardners and maids and for those of us who have been involved with charity work Mexican families we know in the area.

Yesterday I saw a post regards 

"Coronavirus: Kind Canadians start 'caremongering' trend" (you can google for link)

It is spreading fast.

Has anything like that started Lake Side.

Yesterday my wife and I deliever a care package to a family in Chapala and I expect many others are doing the same.

We are mindful of our maid and gardners needs.

I have not followed this web board much at all so do not know but would like to know if anyone knows of anybody co-ordinating efforts regards helping the less fortunate locally.

Yes we retired people older and are more at risk if we catch covid19, however due to being retired, not having to work, and having finc stability our suffering will be next to nothing compared to so many in the community that we live.

And lets not forget that we have many elderly that cannot get around very well.

The good thing is most Mexicans have great respect for the elderly and their nature is to help where ever they can.

• Thanks 2

There has been a Caremongering group for this area set up on Facebook but it is geared towards helping foreigners who need help, I think.  Language is the issue that would keep the Mexican community from reading it and taking part. https://www.facebook.com/groups/3660232657383288/

Operation Feed in San Juan Cosala is asking for help to feed extra families who have lost their employment.   https://www.facebook.com/OperationFeedsjc/

• Like 1

I was with indigenous people when I got the message from my sister than a family member was on a ventilator with thevirus. I told the men look , it is real you have to take it seriously. Their answer was, what are we supposed to do? We have to work to eat  we cannot stay isolated. In  a country where many lieve day to day , there is very little choice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, bmh said:

I was with indigenous people when I got the message from my sister than a family member was on a ventilator with thevirus. I told the men look , it is real you have to take it seriously. Their answer was, what are we supposed to do? We have to work to eat  we cannot stay isolated. In  a country where many lieve day to day , there is very little choice.

You might point out that they won't need to eat if they're dead. I'm not being flippant. There are things they can do to mitigate virus transfer and still work. Something is better than nothing.

• Like 1

I have been working with indigenous for a long tme and I do not beieve that most wi change their mind until they start dying.. so I tell them what they can do and after that they are on their own..