Chapala.com Webboard

Interesting

SunFan

8 minutes ago, El Menudo said:

You are so funny! 😁😁😁😁😁

Pathetic is a better word.  You often hear these folks talking about Patriotism and how those who have a different political leaning cannot, of course, be a Patriot.... and that we all hate the US and our sole purpose is to destroy the US!  It's all just a pathetic rant.... a deflection. It's all they have. It's who they are. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, RickS said:

Pathetic is a better word.  You often hear these folks talking about Patriotism and how those who have a different political leaning cannot, of course, be a Patriot.... and that we all hate the US and our sole purpose is to destroy the US!  It's all just a pathetic rant.... a deflection. It's all they have. It's who they are. 

Yes, I agree.  I’m trying to remember what Hillary called them.  Still thinking........

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

SNIP............ It doesn't help either that China shipped Spain test kits that were 80 percent defective.

SNIP.....

Just doing a little fact-checking here. Found this: 

"In Spain, for example, Health Minister Salvador Illa announced Wednesday that the country had bought $467 million in medical supplies from China, including 950 ventilators, 5.5 million testing kits, 11 million gloves and more than half a billion protective face masks.

Soon after receiving the supplies, the Spanish government announced plans to return 9,000 "quick result" test kits to China, El Pais reported, because they were deemed substandard, specifically the sensibility of the test was around 30 percent, when it should be higher than 80 percent."

Is this where your 80% came from MC?  80% was mentioned but far from the correct context. Sounds a lot like a Fox News 'factoid' to me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HookEmHorns said:

It seems they are hoping for complete destruction of the country and mass loss of life.

No, that would be your dear POTUS. What is truly astounding about those with your mindset is that you rah rah about your patriotism and are so proud that you live in a democracy, yet advocate for the kind of behavior that exists in a totalitarian dictatorship- blind allegiance to whatever the administration in power decrees.

The founding fathers of the USA created a declaration of Independence and Constitution which allowed and encouraged free speech, dissent, and limits to authority. I guess you didn't get the memo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/24/bill-gates-us-missed-its-chance-to-avoid-coronavirus-shutdown.html?recirc=taboolainternal

And I'm our of reactions again and have already used the two I was given this morning. THANKS and LIKE to all posts since I stopped posting this morning.... except Hook'emHorns who has his horns bent out of shape with his absurd conclusions.

I can tell you that my relative who is in a coma with the virus is being administered chloroquine and some antibiotic.. which sounds weird but that is what they giving patients i France.. we will see what happens..I think doctors are experimenting with patients right now to see if anything works.. We are about to find out..

The Gates TED talk is well worth watching. A friend sent it to me a couple of days ago. Gates is careful not to directly criticize Trump while explaining, for example, how truly stupid it was for Trump to fire the US Pandemic Response Team in 2018. Any why having experts on pandemics from the scientific community might be a better idea than way too many hand-picked toadies as are on the current task force.

11 hours ago, bmh said:

I can tell you that my relative who is in a coma with the virus is being administered chloroquine and some antibiotic.. which sounds weird but that is what they giving patients i France.. we will see what happens..I think doctors are experimenting with patients right now to see if anything works.. We are about to find out..

Keep us informed. Please. 

12 hours ago, slainte39 said:

That 5% will probably regain their senses when this subsides and Trump will be where he´s always been. No one wants this effort to fail and Trump is getting overall approval for what a lot of people are doing to combat this crisis.

And Gallop is not a friendly to President Trump. Famous for over polling Dems. Polls will zig zag till the election. 

One thing that everyone should know: The sickness is very fast, and  after having some problems breathing my little brother was deathly ill in a few hours. Do not wait to see a doctor if you feel youhave the virus. He is 58 so younger than many of us and still got sick extremely fast.First symptoms a scratchy throat and a loss of smell and taste-

• Like 2

• mod-3 locked this topic