Chapala.com Webboard

Government Census takers spreading Virus?

In the Roca Azul area,there is a group of 3 people working for the government, going door to door

knocking and touching doorbells, no gloves,no masks, no visible hand cleaner,no eye prtotection

and they want to sit and chat and ask questions...even of people like me who is in a motorhome.

I told them to go home and keep thier distance from me, i told them i did not blame them at all

but the Govt. has asked me not to go out and visit anyone, ive been already 6 days complying with

that request from the Governor of Jalisco, and yet here are Federal employees wanting to get

in my face !, Im over 65 and have underlying health issues, which i told them from a distance.....

My understanding is that its voluntary, and is supposed to be for permanet residents or citizens

in any event, i think they should put that all on hold or call people on the phone, whatever............

Edited by schraderone
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The census taker came to the gate. We stood inside the gate, he stood several feet away outside the gate. We answered the questions. Not a problem. If you don't have a wire gate I can see where it might be more of an issue but I would think you could still answer the questions from a safe distance.

I addressed this same issue in the thread regarding "Masks".  We were contacted a couple of days ago.  No masks no gloves.  We, like MtnMama were able to stay at least a meter and a half away from the census taker at all times so it wasn't a problem.  They touched our doorbell but nothing else.  The doorbell is in the bright sunlight and I doubt very much if anything could survive in that heat for very long.   It is quite disrespectful and inconsiderate of them though to not be wearing any protection. 

I found it quite interesting that the census taker had all of the questions in English but could not speak English.  She had to hold up the clipboard at one point as I did not understand what she was saying in Spanish, that is when I saw that the document was in English.  The question about whether we had difficulty seeing, hearing or walking needed to be translated for me as my Spanish wasn't good enough for that question.  

10 hours ago, schraderone said:

In the Roca Azul area,there is a group of 3 people working for the government, going door to door

knocking and touching doorbells, no gloves,no masks, no visible hand cleaner,no eye prtotection

and they want to sit and chat and ask questions...even of people like me who is in a motorhome.

I told them to go home and keep thier distance from me, i told them i did not blame them at all

but the Govt. has asked me not to go out and visit anyone, ive been already 6 days complying with

that request from the Governor of Jalisco, and yet here are Federal employees wanting to get

in my face !, Im over 65 and have underlying health issues, which i told them from a distance.....

My understanding is that its voluntary, and is supposed to be for permanet residents or citizens

in any event, i think they should put that all on hold or call people on the phone, whatever............

I got cencustized last week before the panic. Good point they should wear masks. Gloves would have to changed with every contact or at least often. 

We live in a gated community. This morning the administrator called us and said the census takers were there. She asked me the questions on the phone. Took only a few minutes.

I do not live in a gated community the  census taker came rang my bell stayed outside my door while asking questions was very polite had better English than my spanish but between both of us he got the information he needed only contact was to touch my door bell which I never touch as I use a remote to open the gates to drive in . Pretty remote chance of them spreading the corona Virus