Chapala.com Webboard

Local towns

I live east of Chapala.   The local population - Santa Cruz, San Nicholas, San Juan, Tlachichilco, etc. laugh at the virus.  Some of the people take precautions.  But the rest of the population doesn't understand the severity of the virus.  I would seriously recommend  the Mayor of Chapala spend some time at each city's plaza to explain just how serious this is!!!   This is the only solution - for the locals to really understand just how dangerous this virus is.  Before we are next~

I am in Chiapas now and people in the country laugh at the whole thing..some think it is a plot from some other countries to hurt Mexico and other s say nothing is going to happen , it is a rich people disease.. It is pretty scary because when it is going to hit here in a week or two, lots of people are gong to get hurt.. Whatever the president , the governor or they leader say means absolutely nothing.They distrust anyone with any kind of power so good luck to anyone trying to convince them otherwise.

I have a kid from one of the village living with my husband in Ajijic. He has called his family to tell them to take care of themselves and to tell them it is real , to no avail.. His grand mother  told me , if I die , I die, I am old and that is what old people do..  and she walked out. A  few months ago she asked me to help her with her high blood pressure as it was extremely high and ws giving her a headache but ths time she just laughed...Good luck on convincing anyone until it starts hitting those comunities..

Quote:

"I took part in a U. of Calgary webinar about Covid-19 -  2000 documents online. Pretty grim picture of the weeks ahead. Some excellent myth busting as well. NOT airborne (recent “study” claims it is but they put the virus into a bio-terrorism device that can make liquid concrete into airborne droplets...for the force of even sting human cough it is only carried 1 meter in sputum and then settles).  Lives in plastic surfaces for up to 9 days and on wood and metal for up to 6. Killed very effectively with 4tsp bleach to 4 cups water as a cleaning solution though.  Nothing heavy duty needed. 10-35x more lethal than the flu, and spreads between people at a rate of 2.5 infected for every one person contaminated on average - measles measures 15 on that scale (hence the decimation of natives when white man came- 50% death rate for them) and to compare the flu and colds are about 1-1.5 on that scale. Ebola is less than 2.  Testing asymptomatic people useless as viral load effects accuracy so if people are incubating an infection they will test negative. Incubates for 2-14 days, average is 5-7.  Testing and tracking contacts of symptomatic people in the community is highly linked to flattening of the curve and there are real concerns about the US and the lack of testing there - here we test 100x more people per capita than in the US and epidemiologists are extremely concerned about the potential disease spread in the US. (“The US is a time bomb” was the quote). Social distancing and self isolation is how China and south Korea flattened their curves in record time (and they had no warning what was coming even). China went from 4000 new cases per day to under 10 in just a few weeks. The peak is expected here in 40-80 days. Vaccine timeline minimum 9 months."

~ From a friend in Canada. I have seen some parts of it in other mainstream news article but not all of what this individual describes. I don't know how accurate some of it is. Facebook stuff, you know?

I thought it was interesting enough to post though.

2 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

Big party going on just down the block from me in Sayulita. Unbelievable. Governer of Puebla just said publicly that poor people are immune from the virus. OMG. Mexico will be the COVID death capital of the planet if this continues.

That was all over the TV news. Disgusting politician!

5 hours ago, diandbeau said:

I live east of Chapala.   The local population - Santa Cruz, San Nicholas, San Juan, Tlachichilco, etc. laugh at the virus.  Some of the people take precautions.  But the rest of the population doesn't understand the severity of the virus.  I would seriously recommend  the Mayor of Chapala spend some time at each city's plaza to explain just how serious this is!!!   This is the only solution - for the locals to really understand just how dangerous this virus is.  Before we are next~

My first thought was possibly the literacy rate in outlying areas was low and the people couldn't understand the situation, but I looked, and I was wrong. The 2015 literacy rate was 94.86%, a 0.39% increase from the prior year. I can only assume it has gone gone up in the last 5-years.

I think a visit from the Mayor would go a long was to not only wake people up to the situation, but let them see the government is looking to help them.

7 minutes ago, Eric Blair said:

I find it difficult to believe a provincial Governor would believe/say that. I would question the source.

Believe it.

Mexican governor is slammed for claiming the poor are IMMUNE to the coronavirus

• Miguel Barbosa, governor of the city of Puebla, said the wealthy are at risk
  • He controversially said: 'If you are poor, no... we poor people, we are immune'\

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8154403/Mexican-governor-says-poor-immune-coronavirus.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline

https://dmlnewsapp.com/report-mexican-governor-says-poor-immune-coronavirus/

• Thanks 1

The guy I buy gas from for both of my homes said he is not worried because the climate here. Oh well. 

The interesting thing is this bug does not care if you are a Hollywood actor or a ditch digger. It is politically correct and does not discriminate. 

• Like 1

Pleas remember than "ignorance" means lack of knowledge and is different than "stupidity." I think we are dealing here with ignorance of the facts, or denial of what frightens us.

"There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action."--Goethe, 1826