Chapala.com Webboard

Pesos showing stronger

It was really getting stronger before all this happened.  I was able to get a couple years worth in the mid 24's, it is still a good buy at this level.  But wait until the short covering in the U.S. market ends and it has a couple down days.  It could go over 24 again.

31 minutes ago, vetteforron said:

It seems to me almost every month around the first when a lot of people pay me the dollar drops. Murphy's law I guess. 

But this too could be a "Market correction" before the next real result on the total effect the Corov-19  is having on the MX economy 

2 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

But this too could be a "Market correction" before the next real result on the total effect the Corov-19  is having on the MX economy 

De acuerdo.  So far the Gov of Jalisco is doing a good job in my opinion.  But it ain't over 'til the fat lady sings.

5 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

What time of day was that?

It was over four hours ago (now 9:45 PM) but that matters not as I understand that the rate is a daily one. Tomorrow it will reflect that days exchange rate.

PS, it is now 9:50 PM and they say:

1 USD = 24.2948 MXN

Capital One seems to track the rate during the day.  I've actually exchanged several times a few hours apart in one day and gotten different rates.

That's still a good deal, think I'll see if I can get me some more of those bargain pesos tomorrow.

I think Alfaro is the boss in this state.  At least as far as the government can boss anything.  The narcos are the real power in Mexico.

• Like 1