Chapala.com Webboard

Affect on house prices

cedros

2 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

This is a serious situation. I would like to remind you that the widespread deaths of local seniors will definitely affect local real estate markets.

Having your pain in advance?

Do you know of a single expat senior in this area that has been diagnosed with Corona Virus?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bmh said:

Food is produced Lakeside.. Where? Berry farms some crops of corn and chayotes and beans and what else? Most of our food comes directly from the abasto.. A lot of the food produced around Lakeside like in Sayula is exported to the US

Pork,beef, goat, sheep yearlings, chicken, fish,some veg,some fruit other than berries, dairy that's just some that would be produced in this area  is what else. You know that when you see the carcasses arriving in the back of a pick up truck or hearing the squealing at the abattoir beside Soriana and shop locally at a lot of the vendors in Chapala,especially in the mercado and the butchers.

1 hour ago, Mainecoons said:

Having your pain in advance?

Do you know of a single expat senior in this area that has been diagnosed with Corona Virus?

I am talking about all seniors. The expat ones usually have the outside income to stay put. There was one expat case reported, but my dr. said it was false.

We just entering stage 2 in Mexico. Our married gardener and housecleaner share a house full of 12 people. A perfect storm is brewing. 

The Chapala Municipal slaughterhouse is very small. There is just isn't enough year round pasture land for raising livestock. The Chapala facility is mainly food inspection. The carcass has to be stamped for sale to the public. And yes, I have seen a couple old horses go through there.

28 minutes ago, HoneyBee said:

Chillin I have seen many trailers loaded with cattle being unloaded then processed at this facility. You may want to peek threw the gates (if your stomach is strong enough).

Yes, I been behind the scenes of a slaughterhouse, usually buying green tripe for our dogs and also oxtails. You want to see an example of a real packing house, with by railway stocking pens. It took up over 200 acres and is now being converted for public parking.

https://www.davidmurrayarchitect.ca/canada-packers-smoke-stack/

Look, I have lived here a long time. When we first moved her we had a mostly blind deaf dog, who had panic attacks if she couldn' t  sense us around. So I would stay with her in the car and read books. At Soriana, the only spot with any shade, looks directly into the slaughterhouse. After our dog died, at 16.5 years, I kept up the habit There is another one closer to Guadalajara which is bigger than that one because they offering stress free killing. Not to save money, but some ranchers believe that livestock can take on a adrenaline taste if they are stressed out.

There is no commercial level meat production here, what is produced here is for personal/family consumption and for local carnecerias. Have you seen the meat truck guy? He leaves the slaughterhouse in his white stake panelled truck, with various cuts hanging off the side, swinging in the wind. He goes around  the Colonias selling cuts of meat. Do you live in that Colonia? I always that it seemed nice, friendly and family orientated.

25 minutes ago, HoneyBee said:

Look I am talking about Chapala.....☹️

26 minutes ago, HoneyBee said:

Look I am talking about Chapala.....☹️

So was I, in answer to bmh. re; local suppliers of all sorts of food and I also mentioned that the smaller stores are served by them. And someone about to move here posted wondering about locally produced.

9 minutes ago, HoneyBee said:

happyjillin I was responding to Chillin. Chillin, I live in the Cascada/Santa Maria area. The butcher I use gets his meat from the Chapala place. Yes you have to have a solid stomach when you watch them deliver and to be safe I have a tendency to cook my meat for a long time.

I know you were. I was just trying to get back on topic like you. There are 4 butchers in and around the Chapala mercado and many more around town. This one is at the north west outside corner of the mercado and I bought the leg and loin of this goat carcass and one can generally see a half hog carcass hanging out front. Great way to select your meat.

bought the leg off this goat at chapala mercado.jpg

9 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

I am talking about all seniors. The expat ones usually have the outside income to stay put. There was one expat case reported, but my dr. said it was false.

We just entering stage 2 in Mexico. Our married gardener and housecleaner share a house full of 12 people. A perfect storm is brewing. 

Yep you're having your pain in advance.  :D