Chapala.com Webboard

Speaking of masks

People in dangerous situations (such as war) have notoriously used humor to alleviate their  stress.  What possible good could come of NOT doing so? My incoming emails from friends have had some real belly laughs lately...all about this miserable situation.  The funniest one was about achieving "inner peace" by finishing all the undone things around the house, so after finishing up the tequila, the wine and the rest of the bottles, she achieved "inner piss" .

Of course we should take sensible precautions.   Beyond that, we should do what we can to more easily live with this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I too love a little humor during these difficult times. The only trouble is that we are all a little more sensitive than usual and perhaps some of us will not catch on that we are just trying to lighten the mood.

I again wish all of you and me too the best during these stressful times :)  :) 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Joyinmexico said:

Ahhh, a female who jokes about hijabs! You certainly are a sensitive respectful one! I do not have to "lighten up" gang, especially when there is a pandemic going on, all while you all BS here.  Yes, you can wash gloves, DUH! YES you even can wash some masks or and double them up and they help in many ways. God people, READ, and  I would stay off the bus (unless gloved and masked) since metal holds the virus for over a week. BTW, my census taker had both gloves and mask and I counted 3 others in the past day!  

Thank you for all you do for us! Where would we be without people like you?:wub:

Since the virus can be exchanged from a person who is not physically sick but has the virus I suggest folks use a mask. Even a simple bandana helps. Remember it is not a small small virus but is huge as viruses go.  Put the mask/bandana/anything  after you use it in the sun on concrete. I found I could generate a temp of 160F from the sun on masonry. A study I saw said a N95 mask is over 90% effective but even a mask made from a t shirt worked at 50%.  Mistake made in Seattle was lack of mask wearing.  Now NY has ignored the results in Seattle if you check it out. Cover your mouth and nose somehow.

• Thanks 1

Hijab can be very pretty , many women in Paris wear the hijab and there are very attractive now the hiqab or shador not so much  since you can only see the eyes in some and nothing in other..

Joyin mexico we are all in the same boat so no point getting uptight about it.. Have you heard the good news.. the number of cases in towns in Lombardy is going down afte r2 and a half week of solation . They have no masks, no gloves , in many hospitalsl no disposable gowns  and many will survive. The situation is bad but there is light at the end of the tunnel , stay home where you are safe, get delivery for grocry and wait it out.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Joyinmexico said:

Ahhh, a female who jokes about hijabs! You certainly are a sensitive respectful one! I do not have to "lighten up" gang, especially when there is a pandemic going on, all while you all BS here.  Yes, you can wash gloves, DUH! YES you even can wash some masks or and double them up and they help in many ways. God people, READ, and  I would stay off the bus (unless gloved and masked) since metal holds the virus for over a week. BTW, my census taker had both gloves and mask and I counted 3 others in the past day!  

Let’s see. There is a pandemic and no one should make jokes, wisecracks, or shoot the shit on web boards. How exactly would that help save lives? If we focus upon the virus only, discuss nothing else, and, apparently, never make a joke or laugh we will all stay healthy? Every action you suggest has been discussed by virtually everyone participating in discussions here. Yes, even people who actually make a joke now and then exhibit an awareness of the situation. They take the situation, but not themselves, seriously. I would advise you do the same,  “Joy.” You really do need to lighten up, or as BMH says, “it is going to be a long, long 3 months or more.”

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, lcscats said:

Since the virus can be exchanged from a person who is not physically sick but has the virus I suggest folks use a mask. Even a simple bandana helps. Remember it is not a small small virus but is huge as viruses go.  Put the mask/bandana/anything  after you use it in the sun on concrete. I found I could generate a temp of 160F from the sun on masonry. A study I saw said a N95 mask is over 90% effective but even a mask made from a t shirt worked at 50%.  Mistake made in Seattle was lack of mask wearing.  Now NY has ignored the results in Seattle if you check it out. Cover your mouth and nose somehow.

Wearing masks is second 'nature to the Japanese. They wear them when ill to protect others, always have.That is the main reason being given by them for the lack of mass spreading of the virus there. NOB, people seem to not care what they pass onto others when sick. Their appearance is what matters to them. Wish people in Washington State and NY would have worn their masks. Sad, huh? Maybe survivors will learn from this, or not. :(