Chapala.com Webboard

Quality used furniture available locally ?

If anyone knows a source for nice used furniture locally at a reasonable price please share.  I'm noticing some crazy prices at a few bazars.  A used teak patio table ( with some damage ) with chairs for 11,500 ! Almost the same table at Soriana new is 4500.

Trying to furnish a large Mexican style house

5 minutes ago, gwynne said:

I have a large desk that would be perfect for you.  It was briefly on the BBS Facebook group but I took it down to wait until people are in the mood to shop again.

Protective glass on the top. $4,500 pesos.

Desk 1.jpg

Very nice in a colonial revival style but I would loose the glass.

From experience you just have to shop around. There are a bizillion used-stuff shops between SuperLake and Chapala. They are springing up like mushrooms. Drive slowly and look on one side, double back and look on the other side. Some volunteers are better at pricing than others. Also furniture is often on consignment so the seller has unrealistic expectations.

• Like 1

There’s a good bazaar and consignment shop in  Ixtlahuacan de membrillos.  Their prices are good and the quality of their items is also good. They deliver for a small fee.   I had the location saved on my phone but I can’t find it.  Sorry.  Perhaps if you know anyone that lives on Ixtlahuacan you could ask them for the location as I’m sure it’s quite a well known place locally.  Good luck and happy shopping.