Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard
ea93105

Bring the topes back

Recommended Posts

Seeing some crazy speeds on the new autobahn through Riberas.  Busses doing 90, trucks loaded down with concrete, pickups with people in the back etc. Definitely needed at 7/11 and the Sunrise locations where they used to be. 

Funny side story... Just before the road was repaved, they painted the topes at the Sunrise intersection , lasted exactly one day

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ea93105 said:

Seeing some crazy speeds on the new autobahn through Riberas.  Busses doing 90, trucks loaded down with concrete, pickups with people in the back etc. Definitely needed at 7/11 and the Sunrise locations where they used to be. 

Funny side story... Just before the road was repaved, they painted the topes at the Sunrise intersection , lasted exactly one day

Those were rumble strips not topes but yes they are a good idea in those 3 locations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, geeser said:

Why do you need topes in order to slow down?  Can't you just respect the limits of velocity? 

We all need them including "you" because there are many whackjob drivers around and that is what the OP  has suggested,is all.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe we could eliminate (or most)of  the need for Topes if we had strictly  enforced speed limits with speed cameras..or not?  Can anyone identify an other country where the norm is like driving on a corrugated wash board??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

Maybe we could eliminate (or most)of  the need for Topes if we had strictly  enforced speed limits with speed cameras..or not?  Can anyone identify an other country where the norm is like driving on a corrugated wash board??

Enforcement is too sporadic here, only "topitos" will guarantee proper speeds at all times

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

Maybe we could eliminate (or most)of  the need for Topes if we had strictly  enforced speed limits with speed cameras..or not?  Can anyone identify an other country where the norm is like driving on a corrugated wash board??

Why do some people have no reality of where they live and dream of something that ain't gonna happen?🥱

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They seem to be putting some of them back west of town where the paving was done first.  Agree we need some but not as many as we had before.  What they did on the libremiento is excessive IMO and people are driving on the wrong side of the road to avoid them.  Half as many would have sufficed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

They seem to be putting some of them back west of town where the paving was done first.  Agree we need some but not as many as we had before.  What they did on the libremiento is excessive IMO and people are driving on the wrong side of the road to avoid them.  Half as many would have sufficed.

True! Plus, the real $%&/()s are going down the shoulder, passing on the right, then cutting back into traffic  to get ahead of the line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm okay with sensible topes and vibradores. But what they did over the last 10 years is psychotic. Many places but here have topes big enough to slow you down, but not make you stop and/or rip out your undercarriage. And a handful of vibradores, instead of 16 monsters in a row, is more than sufficient.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, catbird said:

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO a thousand times NO!

THAT'S the way I feel about topes

How do you really feel ? ☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...