Chapala.com Webboard

Tuesday Market - OPEN but with rules

This posed on their Facebook page:

The Farmers Market IS open tomorrow. Please come and shop, and leave. NO socializing.

Hand sanitizer will be inside the main entrances.

Please come in the following order, if possible, according to the first letter of your last name:

10:00 A-E

10:30 F-J

11:00 K-O

11:30 P-T

12:00 U-Z

Please consider texting or emailing your orders to the vendors ahead of time to help facilitate a faster exchange.

Thank you.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MtnMama said:

The Farmers Market IS open tomorrow. Please come and shop, and leave. NO socializing.

Please come in the following order, if possible, according to the first letter of your last name:

Please consider texting or emailing your orders to the vendors ahead of time to help facilitate a faster exchange.

Thank you.

Responsible commerce ! Good to hear

1 hour ago, MtnMama said:

Thank you.

I'm really curious to know if this will work. They way people line up to get in I doubt it. Just my two cents.

I won't be going to the Tuesday market these days, but the "rules" make little sense.  My last name would get me ln the first group, but for those in the latter group...unfair! Why?  Because many vendors run out of popular items long before noon.  There has to be a better system.  How about limiting the number of shoppers allowed in at any point? That would eliminate the early bird stampede. Then, have someone count the number leaving and let in the same number. 

However, no system is going to avoid the close social interaction at the vendors' locations.  IMHO,  it probably should be closed during this crucial period.

• Like 1