Chapala.com Webboard

What to do for fun and exercise while hiding from the virus

Re-connecting my Wii and X-Box 360 to play games and do Zumba while home.  What's everyone else doing to stay in shape?

Val  :)

• Like 1

On 3/23/2020 at 7:26 PM, thevalerieleigh said:

What's everyone else doing to stay in shape?

Same things I always do- garden, move wheelbarrows of dirt around, climb up ladders to fix and paint things, housework. Not everyone pays other people to do things for them all the time.

1 hour ago, mudgirl said:

Same things I always do- garden, move wheelbarrows of dirt around, climb up ladders to fix and paint things, housework. Not everyone pays other people to do things for them all the time.

Not everyone is physically able or enjoys spending what time they have left moving wheelbarrows of dirt around, climbing ladders to fix and paint things, or do housework. Most of us have spent a lifetime doing those things and are happy to provide incomes for younger people to do it for us. It’s great that you enjoy spending your time doing such things but not everyone wants to or can. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

On 3/23/2020 at 6:26 PM, thevalerieleigh said:

Re-connecting my Wii and X-Box 360 to play games and do Zumba while home.  What's everyone else doing to stay in shape?

Val  :)

Hiking in the mountains or backstreets and following U Tube exercises.

For some years, I have hiked from my home up to the chapel above Ajijic every morning before breakfast. No change in this because of coronavirus. If I meet someone on the trail we keep our distance but always say hi (or buenas dias). Also, I have a vast amount of photos I've taken around Mexico that have needed sorting and organizing for some years now. I'm hard at it. 

• Like 1

We take an early morning walk each day. Since I started preparing for this in early January we eat well at each meal. Stocked up on beer, wine, alcohol and mota so we are imbibing well too:-) Ordered jig saw puzzles on Amazon and work on one a bit each day. Organizing 10's of thousands of photos. Play with the dogs. Trying to train the stray we adopted which is challenging. Play different card games and backgammon and chess and checkers and Chinese checkers. Keep the yard up. Watching some TV since we hadn't been for months before this. Have Hulu Plus, Netflix, Acorn TV and Amazon Prime with most of the premium channels like HBO, Starz, Showtime, etc. and got UTube premium for music. Also have Napster music with any song I can think of at my finger tips. Trying my hand at drawing with sidewalk chalk and coloring up our house and every hard surface I can reach. Got an above ground pool and cool off in it on the hot afternoons. Facetime with my family every day or so. Keeping our 2 cats, 3 dogs and one bunny fed and happy. Follow news with the internet. Lots of relaxing in the back yard watching the birds on the lake and listening to music. My husband is quite a bit to handle (understatement of the century) and I am happy that I have only had the urge to murder him a few times so far:) Trying to write at least a little every day on my experience to be one of the first legal recreational pot growers in the US in the hopes of having something interesting for others to read. We are getting a boat delivered today or tomorrow so we will be out on the lake quite a bit I imagine. 

Having a pretty good time all in all but worrying about mostly everyone else:/ My daughters and their family are well prepared for this because we all took it seriously from the first reports out of China but both their spouses have jobs that are considered critical so they have to go into the work place every day which is very scary. Seriously hard being so far away from our kids and my mom and if I had known this was coming we probably would have delayed our move down here so I could be there for them even though I prefer self isolating in our lovely location.

Trying to help our Mexican neighbors when we can but wish we could do more. Worried about how hard this will hit folks with less income and no ability to work. We are so fortunate that we retired when we did and have an income no matter what, at least for the time being. If we were back in WA state my husband would still be working at the huge landfill as that is considered critical employment and I would be going back and forth between my moms house 3 hours drive away and our home. Luckily for me my normally looser brothers and sister are stepping up and helping her out. Seeing this thing bring out the best in lots of folks and that is a blessing indeed:-) 

• Like 1