Chapala.com Webboard

Ajijic Bancomer closed indefinitely

a tianguis brings outside vendors to the area, the Mercado does not.. Good markets are opened all over Europe as well as they are considered essential markets but weekly markets ar closed.. You have to go out and get food or get it delivered     so take your chances one way or the other.

1 hour ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Except your report that the Chapala Tianguis was open is wrong.  You were not at the Tianguis, you were at the Chapala Mercado, the main food market.  Food stores and other essential stores were not asked to close.  

Fine,  an outdoor market at the Chapala plaza was operational ( not in keeping with trying to keep people from gathering ).  The snide comment about lying (crossed out) was just plain rude

The government closed the tianguis.  If as the OP posted, that the tianguis was open, that would have sent a message that the government's order was being ignored.  That would erode confidence in the local government.  If expecting posters here to be accurate about government restrictions is being picky, so be it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bisbee Gal was trying to get and give accurate information. If the OP thinks there is no difference between tiangis and mercados, that a bank providing services through its ATMs warrants an anxiety-provoking headline like they used,  that food markets being opened violates a government order which clearly excludes food vendors than they have proven to be unreliable at best. Perhaps lying was too strong a word. The OP appears to believe the distortions they share. At any rate we have been warned about the reliability of what they post.

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

The government closed the tianguis.  If as the OP posted, that the tianguis was open, that would have sent a message that the government's order was being ignored.  That would erode confidence in the local government.  If expecting posters here to be accurate about government restrictions is being picky, so be it.  

There is little confidence in the local governmen from locals or foreigners. Regardless of what the local government said neither market should have been open,

17 minutes ago, Xena said:

Bisbee Gal was trying to get and give accurate information. If the OP thinks there is no difference between tiangis and mercados, that a bank providing services through its ATMs warrants an anxiety-provoking headline like they used,  that food markets being opened violates a government order which clearly excludes food vendors than they have proven to be unreliable at best. Perhaps lying was too strong a word. The OP appears to believe the distortions they share. At any rate we have been warned about the reliability of what they post.

Reporting that the Ajijic branch is closed was merely information based on what I observed in person and was intended to be helpful.  Whether this provokes anxiety or not is up to the reader.

If I mistook the market on the plaza for an official tianguis, it was unintentional. No problem if you correct me on that but insinuating that I am lying about it is definitely not civil discourse asked for on this forum. "Perhaps too strong a word "? definitely too strong and insulting because it implies bad intent

If I mistook the market on the plaza for an official tianguis, it was unintentional. No problem if you correct me on that but insinuating that I am lying about it is definitely not civil discourse asked for on this forum. "Perhaps too strong a word "? definitely too strong and insulting because it implies bad intent

He has a point.

8 minutes ago, Xena said:

Indeed!!!! The OP  is somewhat less than accurate when  suggesting that our regular and essential food market is the tianguis which was indeed ordered closed and complied. As I stated before the only reason the REGULAR and ESSENTIAL vendors of the Chapala mercado behind the plaza are outdoors is because the interior has been under renovation for several weeks.This has been easily observable for a long time so I'm surprised that this has escaped the OP unless they have just arrived here or don't pay attention to the goings on in our community. 99.9% of us also know that there has been no edict to close food sources for meal preparation.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

Indeed!!!! The OP  is somewhat less than accurate when  suggesting that our regular and essential food market is the tianguis which was indeed ordered closed and complied. As I stated before the only reason the REGULAR and ESSENTIAL vendors of the Chapala mercado behind the plaza are outdoors is because the interior has been under renovation for several weeks.This has been easily observable for a long time so I'm surprised that this has escaped the OP unless they have just arrived here or don't pay attention to the goings on in our community. 99.9% of us also know that there has been no edict to close food sources for meal preparation.

My observation was as I was driving through Chapala. Sorry for the mistake

1 hour ago, ea93105 said:

Reporting that the Ajijic branch is closed was merely information based on what I observed in person and was intended to be helpful.  Whether this provokes anxiety or not is up to the reader.

You are correct. I should have said you were not lying just not overly concerned with accuracy. Better?