Chapala.com Webboard

Ajijic Bancomer closed indefinitely

20 hours ago, ea93105 said:

Meanwhile, the open market in Chapala is on today

I think you may be mistaken.   From yesterday's Chapala Gobierno Facebook

😷🦠 Following prevention measures and to prevent the spread of #coronavirus, the activities of the tianguis are suspended in the municipality.
It's important to be home and follow recommendations. #Take Care To Prevent
#GobiernoDeLaGente

Edited by Bisbee Gal

10 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

If you are correct, then I apologize; however I am surprised the tianguis was held given the order from the gobierno.  

Most of the vendors aren't from here and maybe didn't have access to any media when this was announced late last week by State and Muncipio Presidentes.

Another thing though, is that a lot of the less fortunate need to shop for whatever food they can afford at that market.

• Like 2

No need to panic.. This is how things get crazy.

Bancomer is indoors in the lobby, correct?  All businesses who care for their employees are either shutting down,

or they are taking steps to alter exposure from clientele/traffic.

Indoor banks where many are shoved up against each other are likely limiting traffic into their bank and it will not affect ATM booths.

1 hour ago, Bisbee Gal said:

If you are correct, then I apologize; however I am surprised the tianguis was held given the order from the gobierno.  

no problem ,we all make mistakes.

The ATM at the bank was operational thankfully and I was the only one there. 

49 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

I asked Juan Flores, Ajijic Delegado whether the Chapala tianguis was open or closed today.  His answer was, Estuvo cerrado, translation, It was closed.  

Well I saw a bunch of stands with tarp roofs close together on the plaza whatever it was. My point was there was something there that shouldn't have been there. 

• Sad 1

The headline says: Ajijic Bancomer closed indefinitely. Now Bancomer is my bank so can I go tomorrow to deposit money? How did this thread deteriorate into the Chapala tianguis? Please lets keep it real here. I am not thinking that my bank of many years is closing for good. Unless someone with real knowledge tells me that my bank is closed, I will be there tomorrow. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, ea93105 said:

Well I saw a bunch of stands with tarp roofs close together on the plaza whatever it was. My point was there was something there that shouldn't have been there. 

Good grief, that is not the  Monday tianguis and those vendors in the tents are outside in the plaza because the inside of the REGULAR every day market is being renovated.

26 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

Good grief, that is not the  Monday tianguis and those vendors in the tents are outside in the plaza because the inside of the REGULAR every day market is being renovated.

Good grief . The point is not whether is was the official tianguis , whatever is was posed the same  danger that caused the closing of the official tianguis

7 hours ago, ea93105 said:

I"m the OP and it's both

Except your report that the Chapala Tianguis was open is wrong.  You were not at the Tianguis, you were at the Chapala Mercado, the main food market.  Food stores and other essential stores were not asked to close.  

• Like 2