Chapala.com Webboard

Crossing at Nogales AZ southbound

pdqpc

Hi, has anyone gotten a TIP and tourist permit at Nogales in the last few Days? I hear conflicting reports that yes you can and no you can’t.

We will be leaving AZ to go to Chapala on or about the 26th to the 31st of March. Thanks

Thanks Angus. I was just now able to contact the (Mexico) Consulate General in Nogales Az They speak English and Spanish. The person my wife spoke to said as of today there is no restrictions on travel for tourists. +1 520 287 2521 

informacion.sre.gob.mx/Nogales/

I hope this helps others.

We crossed back into Mexico last Monday, a week ago. No problems but obviously before the border was closed to non essential travel. We wanted to go and deal with more permanent visas in Tuscon at the consulate there but were worried about the border closing so just got new tourist visa and TIP and hope we can do the permanent thing within the next 6 months:/ We drove up to Nogales, turned in our TIP and visa, spent the night on the US side and back the next morning to get new ones. No issues at all at that point and no wait at the Aduana/Banjercito office either. 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2020 at 6:02 PM, pdqpc said:

Thanks Angus. I was just now able to contact the (Mexico) Consulate General in Nogales Az They speak English and Spanish. The person my wife spoke to said as of today there is no restrictions on travel for tourists. +1 520 287 2521 

informacion.sre.gob.mx/Nogales/

I hope this helps others.

What a damn shame!

For the wellbeing of all residents, both Mexican and expats, if you are not willing or able to self-quarantine (NO CONTACT!) for a MINIMUM of 2-weeks on arrival here, do not cross the border.

There will be a shit-storm here soon enough and anyone who thinks the medical system here is up to handling it is delusional. Our only hope if for people to remain where they are- in Canada, in the US, in the Mexican town they reside in, and better yet AT HOME and stop spreading this. Asymptomatic does not equate to virus free! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2