Chapala.com Webboard

Current Info

HarryB

3 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Because I know some of you won't read links that don't fit the agenda:

100% correct, because their hatred of Trump is only exceeded by their fear of being wrong. Thus, they can never admit they are incorrect. They are always correct. Sadly, they will take that to their grave, either here or elsewhere.

• Thanks 2

COVID-19: U.S. at a Glance* - CDC Report for March 24, 2020
  • Total cases: 44,183
  • Total deaths: 544
  • Jurisdictions reporting cases: 54 (50 states, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, and US Virgin Islands)

* Data include both confirmed and presumptive positive cases of COVID-19 reported to CDC or tested at CDC since January 21, 2020, 

(Death rate is 1.2 %. Provided for those who are deciding to stay here or return NOB.) 

• Sad 1

I read all links. They may have been sounding the alarm but Trump sure as hell wasn't listening because "he" knows better. If you surround yourself with people who know better (aka experts in their field), it would be prudent to listen to them. Ah, I see that the Triumvirate has arrived to back up one another.

Where's the testing kits? Where's the testing being done? Where's the masks? Where was the advance warning to be wary? Most definitely not prepared or ready by any stretch of the imagination. South Korea did a far better job of containing the virus. The U.S.? A big fat fail and Mexico is pulling the same stunt. Kudos to the Governors who took matters into their own hands. Flawed results based on INSUFFICIENT testing taking place. I'm done.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

I wonder if it is possible for the posters to stop the political posturing and stay on the subject in question..the situation is getting very serious here in Mexico, USA or Canada.

Many of us are vulnerable and are getting tired of this ongoing blame game

Stop reading the posts you are tired of. Block the posters who annoy you. Ignore political comments and keep on topic. That may not be as much fun as trying to dictate what others say, but give it a try.

Didn't do the Chinese citizens any good either and they sure have one.

Not sure it is working too well for Mexico either at this point.  Good thing there are a fair number of state governors here who are more aware and proactive.  Like ours here in Jalisco.

• Thanks 1

Another fact check, the FBI has infiltrated many white supremisit websites, and they report that they are telling their members any contract this they should go out and cough on police, jews and brown people.

Also what country did SARS originate from? What about Swine flu? The so called Spanish flu did not originate in Spain. One version places the blame for CV as released by the US Army, participating in the Military Games event in Wuhan just before the outbreak. The Chinese government has not confirmed or denied this rumor.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Another fact check, the FBI has infiltrated many white supremisit websites, and they report that they are telling their members any contract this they should go out and cough on police, jews and brown people.

Also what country did SARS originate from? What about Swine flu? The so called Spanish flu did not originate in Spain. One version places the blame for CV as released by the US Army, participating in the Military Games event in Wuhan just before the outbreak. The Chinese government has not confirmed or denied this rumor.

That's chillin...g  :)

On 3/23/2020 at 5:34 PM, Mainecoons said:

Well the first thing you gotta do is get rid of that EX beer drinker label during these times.

German measles

Spanish flu

West Nile virus

Rocky Mountain spotted fever

Lyme disease for Lyme, CT

Norovirus for Norwalk, OH

Middle Eastern Respiratory Syndrome

Well, well, here's a headline from Politico from January 20

CNBC, January 20

Until the PC age it seems it was quite common to name these types of illnesses for their origin including geographical locations or animal vectors.

Now in this case we also know the Chinese government delayed being straight with the rest of the world regarding this illness which most definitely originated in Wuhan, China.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/29/china-officials-knew-of-coronavirus-in-december-ordered-cover-up-report-says/

Until the PC types started playing the race card it was known in the media as the Wuhan virus or China virus because that is where it came from and the government there made the situation a great deal worse by attempting to hide it from the world.  I'm glad someone has the guts to name this and lay the blame right where it belongs for the deaths and economic disaster it has caused and continues to cause.  The Chinese people raised a stink about this suppression but they and it were quickly stifled by their government.

Then it should be called the bat virus; from the animal from which it most likely came. I assume you were trying to be accurate and not just covering the president's butt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

You are absolutely bat shit crazy! Where on God’s green earth do you get your information?

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, JRPJR said:

Where on God’s green earth do you get your information?

Mr. Google took me here but it isn't the report that I first read about it.

White Supremacists Talked Using Coronavirus As A Bioweapon, Reveals Fed Document

March 23, 2020 - 12:00 pm by Desire Thompson

There is reportedly "big concern for these accelerationist groups to strike."
1-368bd64d36.jpg

21 hours ago, Jim Bowie said:

100% correct, because their hatred of Trump is only exceeded by their fear of being wrong. Thus, they can never admit they are incorrect. They are always correct. Sadly, they will take that to their grave, either here or elsewhere.

And as they're on their way to their graves due to a lack of ventilators, may they see the light and realize that you and MC and all of the other geniuses were right all along.  It's just sad that due to an incompetent administration that they won't be able to be revived in order the spread the glad tidings.  Speaking of geniuses...............

• Like 1

On 3/23/2020 at 8:34 PM, El Menudo said:

An educated person is by definition an intelligent person. If ya ain’t educated then ya ur stupid dude. Wonka wonka!

There is a difference between ignorance and stupid and any intelligent and/or educated person would know that.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity as any intelligent and/or educated person would know. There are many very uneducated and intelligent people in this world. I believe Mexico has many who haven't had the opportunity to learn more and have a greater education, it does not make them stupid.

All Day: You have no understanding of how a Republic functions. The US is a Republic, States are in charge of their health care of their citizens, not the Feds.. When a state needs assistance, they ask the Feds and the Feds then try to assist them. Depends on availability of supplies when the state asks. Some things take longer to manufacture than others. BTW, why doesn't NYC have enough? Why didn't they have some stockpiled? The state is your daddy, not the Feds. Learn how the US Constitution  works. Quit being such a crybaby.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, Ferret said:

Where's the testing kits? Where's the testing being done? Where's the masks? Where was the advance warning to be wary? Most definitely not prepared or ready by any stretch of the imagination. South Korea did a far better job of containing the virus. The U.S.? A big fat fail and Mexico is pulling the same stunt. Kudos to the Governors who took matters into their own hands. Flawed results based on INSUFFICIENT testing taking place. I'm done.

The lady doctor whose name I can remember, stated yesterday that the US has tested more in the last 8 days than South Korea has done in 8 weeks. Keep up with the latest.

11 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

Mr. Google took me here but it isn't the report that I first read about it.

White Supremacists Talked Using Coronavirus As A Bioweapon, Reveals Fed Document

March 23, 2020 - 12:00 pm by Desire Thompson

There is reportedly "big concern for these accelerationist groups to strike."
1-368bd64d36.jpg

Yup, lot of haters out there and here.

16 minutes ago, luvsdawgs said:

The lady doctor whose name I can remember, stated yesterday that the US has tested more in the last 8 days than South Korea has done in 8 weeks. Keep up with the latest.

Uh, huh. TOO LATE!

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/03/24/820981710/fact-check-u-s-testing-still-isnt-close-to-what-south-korea-has-done

"At about 300,000 tests in each country, that means South Korea has tested 1-in-170 people; the United States: 1-in-1,090.

That's more than six times less, per capita, than South Korea."

lens.jpg.1005bd47d02703b2b07a7f182bb920b5.jpg

• Thanks 3