Chapala.com Webboard

List of Restaurants that deliver

12 hours ago, gogirl said:

You have to go to New York for that! 

There are international standards set by the World Health Organisation. I am sure Mexico signed on but a mystery why they are not enforced. Here good intentions, amulets, and gaurdian angels take the place of science. Mexicans are not following this quarantine. This weekend alone there was a 400 visitor wedding, a large evento concert, and many large, private parties.

https://www.who.int/foodsafety/areas_work/food-standard/en/

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Joyinmexico said:

I AM THE PERSON who posted this. YES I read AND AM ABIDING BY the 5 day quarantine! I asked the question because I don't understand phone delivery apps (NO, NOW is not the time to get a tech person!)  I just wanted to know if anyone does food delivery. Delivery can be done safely. LISTEN TO CNN's DR. GUPTA, who DOES order food in! It can be done by leaving the payment & tip outside the door. When the food arrives, wait till the delivery person leaves, take the main packing bag off and leave it in outside garbage.  Bring containers in, wipe with Clorox wipes (doing all this with gloves) THEN put the food inside your own dishes. I BELIEVE this quarantine will continue! I want to prepare. Those couples with big cars who bought out the stores to fill their giant freezers don't understand a car-less person alone in tiny Ajijic living with a small freezer. Oh, and for the comments on NYC- I lived there 13 years with kind ingenious people, and they (and Dr. Gupta) said, food delivery can be done safely and enjoyed. It COULD help save many local restaurants as well. Thank you RIlady!

So, do we wipe the food with wipes or what? You are sure everyone washes their hands and none have this virus that prepare the food. Do they use gloves and masks that prevent the spread of things from their mouth, nose, etc.Probably so. 

Sadly, from time to time I have picked up something from prepared food here, but before it was not the China Virus. Maybe it will skip those who prepare the food. Whata ya think?  :D

All this BS from one simple post asking for some information! Many of you should be RESEARCHING/learning about the virus rather than typing insane & childish postings that have no pertinence to the question. Jim Bowie, I have eaten food in every continent except one. You can get sick anywhere. "COVID-19 doesn't appear to be transmitted by eating food contaminated with the virus, however, it is important to practice good hand hygiene before preparing or eating food."  "There is no evidence that COVID-19 is spread through food made by infected people." http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/about-covid-19/food-safety  

• Thanks 1

I am sorry, I have posted this before, but the only restaurant I trust and have seen food safety standards is El Rey Taco. Former chef at the Chapala  Country Club, and for a while the Hole in One driving range, where his food became more popular than the golf. His employers would insist on the highest standards of clean. His younger brother is also a chef, and his father is a retired chef from France. They have high standards on food quality, for example their grilled liver dish uses organic beef liver from the U.S.A.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

Why? We have had the German measles, the Asiatic flu, etc. If it comes from China is Chinese. What are you calling people from China? Oh, I forgot another one, Hong Kong flu, I am sure there are others. Why is this racist, it states the origin of the disease, it probably should be call the WunHan virus. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, luvsdawgs said:

Why? We have had the German measles, the Asiatic flu, etc. If it comes from China is Chinese. What are you calling people from China? Oh, I forgot another one, Hong Kong flu, I am sure there are others. Why is this racist, it states the origin of the disease, it probably should be call the WunHan virus. 

It is much like, "Texas ignorance".

• Like 3

On 3/21/2020 at 1:32 PM, Bisbee Gal said:

Alfaro is just a governor, maybe we should follow the President of Mexico, who said this:

https://www.vallartadaily.com/mexicos-president-says-amulets-and-prayer-protects-him-from-coronavirus/

The President of Mexico, Andrés Manuel López Obrador (AMLO) said that his “protective shield” against the coronavirus, the outbreak that left almost 9,000 dead worldwide, is “amulets and prayer”, the same day that the pandemic claimed the first fatality in Mexico.

“It stops the enemy, the heart of Jesus is with me. A two-dollar bill and a four-leaf clover. (…) Look, this is what protects, this is what people give me. They are my blackguards”, assured the president as he searched his wallet for his good luck charms protecting him from the worldwide pandemic.

This from another thread on this board:

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/coronavirus/judge-orders-government-to-take-measures-to-combat-coronavirus/

"Judge orders government to take measures to combat coronavirus

The president and health ministers have 24 hours to inform the judge of what steps they'll take

Published on Thursday, March 19, 2020

A federal judge has ordered the federal government to take all necessary measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus and detect people who have the infectious disease.

The Mexico City-based federal judge’s ruling on Thursday came in response to an injunction request filed by members of Mexicans Against Corruption and Impunity (MCCI), a civil society organization.

The MCCI members claimed that the government has failed to implement effective measures to avoid a widespread outbreak of Covid-19, which had sickened more than 233,000 people around the world and claimed the lives of close to 10,000 as of Thursday afternoon.

If the government fails to inform the judge within 24 hours of the measures they will take to combat Covid-19, “a fine will be imposed on it,” the court order says.

López Obrador and his administration have been criticized for not doing more to combat the spread of coronavirus in Mexico, where the number of confirmed cases has increased from 12 on Wednesday last week to 118 on Wednesday of this week.

The president said Thursday that the government wouldn’t close airports or “shut down everything” due to the economic impact that would have on the poor.

“Of course we’re worried about the situation of the epidemic, and we have to attend to it, but we also have to act responsibly,” López Obrador said.

Rosa María del Angel, head of the Department of Infectomics and Molecular Pathogenesis at the National Polytechnic Institute, said that she was worried that Mexico will end up in a situation like Italy, “where measures weren’t taken on time, and the number of cases started to get away from them.”"

•  

Maybe because the increase in racism and ignorance in the United States during the last few years has led to attacks against Chinese nationals, I guess because they are Chinese and the virus started in China??? The virus was named after its appearance. WunHan virus might have been more accurate but harder to remember and pronounce.

18 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

There are international standards set by the World Health Organisation. I am sure Mexico signed on but a mystery why they are not enforced. Here good intentions, amulets, and gaurdian angels take the place of science. Mexicans are not following this quarantine. This weekend alone there was a 400 visitor wedding, a large evento concert, and many large, private parties.

https://www.who.int/foodsafety/areas_work/food-standard/en/

No matter what country you are in there will always be scoflaws and ignorant people. but here in Chapala it looks like the Tapatio weekenders and locals are complying with the 5 day thing. MY construction workers are too and won't be doing anything until thursday.

chapala madero empty.jpg

chapala empty.jpg

chapala vendors empty.jpg

Very quiet in our part of Ajijic this weekend.  Nary a Tapatio on an ATV.  No live music wafting to our home from the plaza or any other venue.  My peek-a-boo view of the malecon showed very little foot traffic, but I was only on uncovered mirador a few times, off/on during early part of Sat. and Sun.  

1 hour ago, Jeanneboo said:

Joyinmexico,  Elegante is offering $300mxn boxed meals but they have to be preordered by phone or online and picked up at the door.  Only the chef will be handling the food and he keeps an immaculate kitchen. 

The problem is NOT the food. The problem is the packaging the food comes in. This virus favors metal and plastic. If the chef, unbeknownst to him, is an asymptomatic carrier, he will pass it on via the packaging.

If you order food in take away containers and plastic bags wear gloves when handling them or, first dispose of all packaging then disinfect the surface you sat it on and wash your hands thoroughly before touching anything.

All delivered food can be  eaten safely with just a few precautions and a few minutes patience . Remove the food from the containers and place in your own pots pans or cooking utensils. Get rid of the packaging and wash or sanitize your hands .Place food in preheated oven  or stovetop and bring to a boil  ....once the temp passes 165 you’re save....microwaves can work but they tend to heat unevenly. For obvious reasons salads and sandwiches should be avoided .....the easiest and most successful dishes would be soups stews sauced items ,pizza ,Chinese ,BBQ ...just think what’s easy to reheat .

• Like 4

3 hours ago, bmh said:

5 days means nothing.. In France they are finding out that 2 weeks means nothng as well. The isolation has to be a way of life for a while.. 5 days is a waste of time..

It's astounding that anyone thinks that isolating for 5 days will make one iota of difference in the spread of this virus. Sheer idiocy, completely useless.