Chapala.com Webboard

List of Restaurants that deliver

If you want delivery, you may want to check here first as this company contracts with a number of eateries.  If you don't see a particular restaurant at this site, try calling the restaurant direct as some are using wait staff to deliver since dine-in is either minimal or non-existent.  http://www.traitte.mx

Places that usually deliver (pizza, chicken) probably still are.  I got an email from Domino's MX today announcing their Entrega Cero Contact.  As I always tell folks, if you order from Domino's always get the crust Sarten (pan)...the others really suck.  Oh, and Domino's MX is dropping their delivery charge.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Have a friend that uses the app    traitte delivery  available in google play & the App store    They have many local restaurants signed up.

Always Dominos, Pollo Feliz are available.

I think there's an echo in here.  

• Like 2

Here's a cartoon explanation of Dominios Cero Contacto policy; it's kinda cute. 

FYI, we order Domino's online because on line orders are subject to the 30 minutes or free rule (not valid in rain).  I think it gets us to the front of the cue when they are busy.  And again, only order the crust Sarten...the other crusts are awful!

dominos.jpg

13 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Here's a cartoon explanation of Dominios Cero Contacto policy; it's kinda cute. 

FYI, we order Domino's online because on line orders are subject to the 30 minutes or free rule (not valid in rain).  I think it gets us to the front of the cue when they are busy.  And again, only order the crust Sarten...the other crusts are awful!

dominos.jpg

We always order by phone as we did last night and it was here in less than 30 minutes and we like their regular crust although it is a little thicker than we used to get at our fave place in Edmonton where they tossed the dough in the air. Yup, run by Italians that is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joyinmexico said:

If anyone has a current list of restaurants that deliver & can post it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Remember the Gov of Jalisco suggests we self quarantine for 5 days!

That includes delivery people.

We should be as concerned for the well being of others as we are for ourselves.

NOTHING is more important at this time as EVERYONE staying home. What's so difficult to understand about the absolute urgency of this? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Joyinmexico said:

Remember the Gov of Jalisco suggests we self quarantine for 5 days!

1 minute ago, chapalence said:

That includes delivery people.

We should be as concerned for the well being of others as we are for ourselves.

NOTHING is more important at this time as EVERYONE staying home. What's so difficult to understand about the absolute urgency of this? 

I'm not saying quarantining is a bad idea, but, Why FIVE days?  Why THESE five days?  And what happens on the 6th day....voila, we're all safe???  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, bmh said:

in countries that have quarantine the restaurants are closed so you are kidding yourself if you order from the outside ..

Thank you. There are enough self-centered people living in this community that it blows my mind.

We prepaid our workers for 5-Weeks "sick leave" and sent $1150 worth of fresh produce and meats, plus plenty of non-perishables to them, so they don't have to get on a rolling Petri dish to come serve us or feed their family. Yet many I know are still having their maids in at great risk to EVERYONE!. Wake up people! Watch the story of the first months in Wuhan and the havoc this wreaked on the lives of the citizens. We are a very vulnerable population with a seriously inadequate health system. It will take one inconsiderate person to strike a match to the tinder pile.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

CRUCIAL MESSAGE: FROM THE SECRETARIA DE SALUD, MEXICO...
A very important message. We just finished a meeting with scientist from the Universidad de Guadalajara. Through a predictive model, we decidedly agree that the upcoming five days, starting today (Friday) are the greatest possibility days of transmission for the contagious Coronavirus. So at this time, we are asking all of the citizens, EVERYONE - REGARDLESS if you have been to Europe, USA, etc. - to maintain isolation, especially for the next five days. We need everyone to realize this commitment of this very important decision in order to avoid much more drastic decisions being made in the future. The next 5 days are fundamental for the internal future in this health crisis. For this reason we ask the cooperation of everyone. Together - we will move through this. Next Tuesday, we will meet to reevaluate new cases which arise, and keep you informed of developing information, in every moment of the decisions we are making. Thank you for your help and always count on us.

I'm not saying quarantining is a bad idea, but, Why FIVE days?  Why THESE five days?  And what happens on the 6th day....voila, we're all safe???  

Alfaro is just a governor, maybe we should follow the President of Mexico, who said this:

https://www.vallartadaily.com/mexicos-president-says-amulets-and-prayer-protects-him-from-coronavirus/

The President of Mexico, Andrés Manuel López Obrador (AMLO) said that his “protective shield” against the coronavirus, the outbreak that left almost 9,000 dead worldwide, is “amulets and prayer”, the same day that the pandemic claimed the first fatality in Mexico.

“It stops the enemy, the heart of Jesus is with me. A two-dollar bill and a four-leaf clover. (…) Look, this is what protects, this is what people give me. They are my blackguards”, assured the president as he searched his wallet for his good luck charms protecting him from the worldwide pandemic.

30 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Alfaro is just a governor, maybe we should follow the President of Mexico, who said this:

https://www.vallartadaily.com/mexicos-president-says-amulets-and-prayer-protects-him-from-coronavirus/

The President of Mexico, Andrés Manuel López Obrador (AMLO) said that his “protective shield” against the coronavirus, the outbreak that left almost 9,000 dead worldwide, is “amulets and prayer”, the same day that the pandemic claimed the first fatality in Mexico.

“It stops the enemy, the heart of Jesus is with me. A two-dollar bill and a four-leaf clover. (…) Look, this is what protects, this is what people give me. They are my blackguards”, assured the president as he searched his wallet for his good luck charms protecting him from the worldwide pandemic.

You apparently didn't read this part- FROM THE SECRETARIA DE SALUD. You know, sorta like the Surgeon General in the US, who in situations involving the health and well being of the people uses, wait for it...SCIENCE to dictate policy.

I don't argue with $%&/()s, so I'm outta here before I address the jesus/god/invisible amulets in the sky business. Yes, I said $%&/()s and you can bet I mean it.

28 minutes ago, chapalence said:

You apparently didn't read this part- FROM THE SECRETARIA DE SALUD. You know, sorta like the Surgeon General in the US, who in situations involving the health and well being of the people uses, wait for it...SCIENCE to dictate policy.

I don't argue with $%&/()s, so I'm outta here before I address the jesus/god/invisible amulets in the sky business. Yes, I said $%&/()s and you can bet I mean it.

get a grip! I would strongly suggest that bisbee was being facetious. I also suggest to you that there are not many that have not read the 5 day thing.

• Thanks 1

I would like a list of restaurants that actually follow food safety protocols. Hair nets, beard nets, no chipped or cracked crockery, adequate dishwashing chemicals and heat. 

Also frequent random inspections, with results posted in a public window of the restaurant before you go in.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

I would like a list of restaurants that actually follow food safety protocols. Hair nets, beard nets, no chipped or cracked crockery, adequate dishwashing chemicals and heat. 

Also frequent random inspections, with results posted in a public window of the restaurant before you go in.

Somewhere over the rainbow... there's a land that I heard of... once in a lullaby !

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Where are you posting from, again?   😉

Chill OUT, Chill-in!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

You have to go to New York for that! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Exactly- 5 days is a joke. We all have to stay home until all cases have been identified and contained, and that's not happening in 5 days, folks. And only go out for necessities and follow the recommended cleaning protocols when we get home. Go straight to the sink and wash your hands thoroughly when you get home. Then use a bleach solution or alcohol to clean the faucet handles you just touched, the doorknob you touched, the light switch you touched, the car door handles you touched while out and your keys.

People don't seem to understand the vicious transmission rate of this at all, including the Secretaria de Salud.

And no way I'd be eating out or ordering take-out or delivery.

• Like 1

I AM THE PERSON who posted this. YES I read AND AM ABIDING BY the 5 day quarantine! I asked the question because I don't understand phone delivery apps (NO, NOW is not the time to get a tech person!)  I just wanted to know if anyone does food delivery. Delivery can be done safely. LISTEN TO CNN's DR. GUPTA, who DOES order food in! It can be done by leaving the payment & tip outside the door. When the food arrives, wait till the delivery person leaves, take the main packing bag off and leave it in outside garbage.  Bring containers in, wipe with Clorox wipes (doing all this with gloves) THEN put the food inside your own dishes. I BELIEVE this quarantine will continue! I want to prepare. Those couples with big cars who bought out the stores to fill their giant freezers don't understand a car-less person alone in tiny Ajijic living with a small freezer. Oh, and for the comments on NYC- I lived there 13 years with kind ingenious people, and they (and Dr. Gupta) said, food delivery can be done safely and enjoyed. It COULD help save many local restaurants as well. Thank you RIlady!

• Like 1