Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Are the SJC spas open this weekend ?


ea93105
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hopefully they will close ... CRUCIAL MESSAGE: FROM THE SECRETARIA DE SALUD, MEXICO...
A very important message. We just finished a meeting with scientist from the Universidad de Guadalajara. Through a predictive model, we decidedly agree that the upcoming five days, starting today (Friday) are the greatest possibility days of transmission for the contagious Coronavirus.  So at this time, we are asking all of the citizens, EVERYONE - REGARDLESS if you have been to Europe, USA, etc. -  to maintain isolation, especially for the next five days. We need everyone to realize this commitment of this very important decision in order to avoid much more drastic decisions being made in the future.  The next 5 days are fundamental for the internal future in this health crisis. For this reason we ask the cooperation of everyone. Together - we will move through this. Next Tuesday, we will meet to reevaluate new cases which arise, and keep you informed of developing information, in every moment of the decisions we are making. Thank you for your help and always count on us.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, ea93105 said:

Thanks

I think we are going to Mazamitla instead

Mazamitla is flooded with people from GDL on the weekend.  This is not a good idea at that time IMO.  Unfortunately a lot of those folks aren't taking any precautions.

We have the same problem here.  The libremiento and the carretera were jammed yesterday per usual with people coming in from outside of town.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ajijicbound said:

Hopefully they will close ... CRUCIAL MESSAGE: FROM THE SECRETARIA DE SALUD, MEXICO...
A very important message. We just finished a meeting with scientist from the Universidad de Guadalajara. Through a predictive model, we decidedly agree that the upcoming five days, starting today (Friday) are the greatest possibility days of transmission for the contagious Coronavirus.  So at this time, we are asking all of the citizens, EVERYONE - REGARDLESS if you have been to Europe, USA, etc. -  to maintain isolation, especially for the next five days. We need everyone to realize this commitment of this very important decision in order to avoid much more drastic decisions being made in the future.  The next 5 days are fundamental for the internal future in this health crisis. For this reason we ask the cooperation of everyone. Together - we will move through this. Next Tuesday, we will meet to reevaluate new cases which arise, and keep you informed of developing information, in every moment of the decisions we are making. Thank you for your help and always count on us.

This announcement was from the governor of Jalisco, not anyone from the fed. govt.  I have reports that everything is open today and people are not staying home.  Good grief--not time it won't be a request but an order forcing people off the streets.  What's wrong with people?  Better a short time now than a complete ban on commerce later and for much longer.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, court0503 said:

Mazamitla? Seriously?   If you don’t care about putting yourselves at risk I hope you will reconsider and so avoid putting others at risk. 

So social distancing is not possible in Mazamitla ?  What wrong with just getting outside to breath some fresh air in the trees ? We went to the Wild horse bar the other night and were the only ones there, OMG what danger

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No matter what you say or how logical you explain things, stupidity can not be convinced otherwise. Stupid is as stupid does. Each year there is more and more of it in this World of ours. Like driving a car, you take care of your business, but it is the others that you need to be really careful of.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To each his own. We are practicing social distancing and disinfecting everything we touch, beyond that we are not going to lock ourselves in our house.  If anyone has a scientific explanation as to how that is endangering anyone, please share

  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Ferret said:

If you have the virus and are asymptomatic, you're spreading it everywhere you go. It can live on some surfaces for three days. Peachy keen that you're not sick but someone else many not be so lucky.

Not really scientific. If we have the virus and sneeze or cough openly to someone in proximity or onto a surface then yes, but we obviously don't do that. We disinfect everything we touch. So unless there is evidence that the virus is now "in the wind"  we are going out to walk our dog, ride our bikes, hike in the hills and eat at uncrowded outside restaurants

Those of you who want to have a bunker mentality, that's fine but the science of the virus does not prevent one from living life as long as proper precautions are taken. Are you folks prepared to be locked up for the true duration  of several months or more ? Five days is a complete joke

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ea93105 said:

If we have the virus and sneeze or cough openly to someone in proximity or onto a surface then yes, but we obviously don't do that.

You can pass the virus to others without showing any symptoms yourself. It has a 14 day incubation period. People with self-absorbed and ill-informed attitudes like yours are going to cause more people to  get sick and/or die. 

  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

You can pass the virus to others without showing any symptoms yourself. It has a 14 day incubation period. People with self-absorbed and ill-informed attitudes like yours are going to cause more people to  get sick and/or die. 

Again, no science here . If we are practicing social distancing, not sneezing or coughing and are disinfecting everything we touch, how is it going to spread from us or infect us exactly, scientifically ?

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jim Bowie said:

He is "playing" with you. He loves your reaction. Kinda like a lot of other posters here. They get off on your response. As long as you take it, they are happy.

 

 

I would respond in depth, but we are going outside. Hope you don't get cabin fever in your bunker

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I get it and am staying in for five days, I  really don't like the idea of not leaving the house for 5 days nor not having the cleaning lady here, but, life goes on and I want to be part of that for a few to many more years.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...