Chapala.com Webboard

All Restaurants to Close (Dine-In) by Sunday....Per this FB Post

Bisbee Gal

This was posted 9 hours ago, so around 11 PM last night (Thurs. March 19th).  Was not able to confirm elsewhere, anyone else have confirmation from another source??

New out today is that All Lakeside Restaurants will be mandated to close no later than Sunday.. Home delivery will be offered by many as the only way to financially survive this crisis.. aside providing a service to our valued customers.

Can't find it....not at Chapala Gobierno or Jalisco Gobierno as of an hour ago.  BUT I readily admit I am not a savvy FB user (could I have missed it??).  Hard to believe Bobby would post what he did if it wasn't true.  Am checking other restaurant FB sites, but 90% are woefully out of date.

I messaged the Ajijic Delegado, Sr. Juan Flores, asking him if the shutdown of dining areas in restaurants was happening by Sunday.  This is his answer (and he answered me within an hour).  Obviously things can change.  

la desicion completamente no se a tomado pero si se están tomando y pidiendo las debidas medidas de salubridad

58 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

I messaged the Ajijic Delegado, Sr. Juan Flores, asking him if the shutdown of dining areas in restaurants was happening by Sunday.  This is his answer (and he answered me within an hour).  Obviously things are changing rapidly in this environment.  

la desicion completamente no se a tomado pero si se están tomando y pidiendo las debidas medidas de salubridad

Not everyone is fluent in Spanish. Would you be so kind as to provide a translation.

1 hour ago, econ man said:

The basic translation was given in the post above mod-3's.

Yes.  However, my literal translation was to point out the hoplessness of trying to get a comprehensible meaning from using Google Translate.  I gather my irony was lost on some.🙃

• Like 3

6 hours ago, gringal said:

Yes.  However, my literal translation was to point out the hoplessness of trying to get a comprehensible meaning from using Google Translate.  I gather my irony was lost on some.🙃

No irony or hoplessness really just knowing how to iron out the google translate English version to make sense. Some of us have the ability to do that.

There is no official decision about this yet, at the meeting we had last Tuesday we were told that we can be open until further notice, as long as we follow the recommendations. The Jalisco Governor asked publicly this night that we do our best effort to stay home for the next 5 days since they will make a difference in what’s coming later... many restaurants have joined this decision and will be closed for the next 5 days.

CRUCIAL MESSAGE: FROM THE SECRETARIA DE SALUD, MEXICO...
A very important message. We just finished a meeting with scientist from the Universidad de Guadalajara. Through a predictive model, we decidedly agree that the upcoming five days, starting today (Friday) are the greatest possibility days of transmission for the contagious Coronavirus. So at this time, we are asking all of the citizens, EVERYONE - REGARDLESS if you have been to Europe, USA, etc. - to maintain isolation, especially for the next five days. We need everyone to realize this commitment of this very important decision in order to avoid much more drastic decisions being made in the future. The next 5 days are fundamental for the internal future in this health crisis. For this reason we ask the cooperation of everyone. Together - we will move through this. Next Tuesday, we will meet to reevaluate new cases which arise, and keep you informed of developing information, in every moment of the decisions we are making. Thank you for your help and always count on us.

• Like 1