Chapala.com Webboard

Home Insurance Recommendation

Last November on arrival here I noticed a post by an homeowner living in SJC. There home had been broken into via a Large Patio Slider. Key Words?

There recommendation for their Insurer left me with the impression that they had not had any issues in receiving compensation. Our experience with our current insurance company is the exact opposite, delay, deny & undervalue.

Of course on arrival there are many pressing issues, so I did not copy the response & send myself an email. So if this rings a bell with any one, pls let me know the company name. TIA

We have made two or more claims on our house insurance since living here over the past 12 years, and the annual policy cost which is around 5,000 pesos is well worth it.  We had several claims for broken windows in sliding glass doors, and we had a fire in our kitchen once.  I would highly recommend having home insurance.  Our agent is Teresa at O'Rourke Investments in Centro Laguna, right on the Carretera, across from Walmart.  She has been our agent from the beginning.

13 minutes ago, EldonNova said:

We have made two or more claims on our house insurance since living here over the past 12 years, and the annual policy cost which is around 5,000 pesos is well worth it.  We had several claims for broken windows in sliding glass doors, and we had a fire in our kitchen once.  I would highly recommend having home insurance.  Our agent is Teresa at O'Rourke Investments in Centro Laguna, right on the Carretera, across from Walmart.  She has been our agent from the beginning.

You spent around $60,000MP for insurance Hmmm!.

13 minutes ago, EldonNova said:

You have to put things in perspective.  How much have you spent on gasoline for the last 12 years, or to maintain a car.  

That is to laugh! Theft and household insurance money waste has absolutely nothing ,zero, to do with the cost of operating a vehicle. On this planet anyway🤣🤣🤣🤣

Second Teresa at O'Rourke. In the little strip mall just east of Black Coffee, across from Walmart.

It is easy to look back in hindsight about how much $ one has paid in insurance. That misses the point entirely. Insurance is supposed to be a relatively small outlay to cover a potentially large covered claim. Auto insurance is a good example.

3 hours ago, tomgates said:

Second Teresa at O'Rourke. In the little strip mall just east of Black Coffee, across from Walmart.

It is easy to look back in hindsight about how much $ one has paid in insurance. That misses the point entirely. Insurance is supposed to be a relatively small outlay to cover a potentially large covered claim. Auto insurance is a good example.

Whatever country I've lived in,  liability auto insurance is mandatory and household is not. Vehicle insurance is damn cheap here.

• 1 year later...

I would advise not to use O'rourke insurance agency--we have been with them for years and the company Mapfire that they put us with is stalling , stalling and stalling on paying a claim that we filed for $5000 us for items stolen in a break in of our house.  I guess their plan is to get stalling until we give up.  We have done everything they ask including reams of paperwork and they keep asking for the same things over and over and never return calls or emails.

They also denied a claim on a computer stolen from our car.