Chapala.com Webboard

Toilet Paper

Who would have thought it?  As a result of the coronavirous the most hoarded thing around the world at the moment is toilet paper.  Received a call from my son-in-law in Germany.  He is out of toilet paper and none of the stores  has any.  Same way with my home town in Oklahoma not a single store has any left.  Looked on Amazon and they are sold out until late in April.  Where is Sears and Roebuck when you need them?  Maybe we will have to adopt the Eastern worlds way of using a water Bowl!  jajaja

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, rafterbr said:

Who would have thought it?  As a result of the coronavirous the most hoarded thing around the world at the moment is toilet paper.  Received a call from my son-in-law in Germany.  He is out of toilet paper and none of the stores  has any.  Same way with my home town in Oklahoma not a single store has any left.  Looked on Amazon and they are sold out until late in April.  Where is Sears and Roebuck when you need them?  Maybe we will have to adopt the Eastern worlds way of using a water Bowl!  jajaja

Posted by a doctor on Facebook.

toilet paper bunker.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

the toilet paper foba is interesting, sme in France everyone is buying toilet paper , pasta and rice.. the joke is that rice come from China and pasta fro Italy.. but seriously why toilet paper? There are pictures in facebook of people walking out with carts loaded with tolet paper...weird...

After the war it was comon to use newspaper as toilet paper , also the toilet paper available in those days was worse than newspaper.. some slim sleek tiny sheet.. awful..and before that who knows wat they ere usng,  guess that s why bidet were nvented..

21 minutes ago, bmh said:

After the war it was comon to use newspaper as toilet paper , also the toilet paper available in those days was worse than newspaper.. some slim sleek tiny sheet.. awful..and before that who knows wat they ere usng,  guess that s why bidet were nvented..

Before that large leaves. I have used the same.

I worked for the government for awhile. Their TP seemed to be of the clay coated variety, also, it ripped along the long axis. The government seemed to be the only ones who used that stuff.

I'd like to apologize for what I just posted but, so far, I am two days into this self isolation and I am getting a little bored. Things may get weird. 

No shortage of tp at Soriana.   SuperLake was out of Kirkland 2 ply on Saturday.  Supplies of dog treats, well, that's another story...

FYI    I asked the cashier at Soriana this morning if she was taking any added precautions because of CV.  She asked me what coronavirus was, hadn' t heard anything about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soriana was out of Kleenex the other day. SuperLake had Kirkland TP yesterday. I often ask the staff there, when shelves are empty, because they can be very slow in actually re-stocking from their own basement inventory.

3 hours ago, ibarra said:

No shortage of tp at Soriana.   SuperLake was out of Kirkland 2 ply on Saturday.  Supplies of dog treats, well, that's another story...

FYI    I asked the cashier at Soriana this morning if she was taking any added precautions because of CV.  She asked me what coronavirus was, hadn' t heard anything about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To day we ventured out after 5 days of self isolation...I was thinking that the "place(s)" would be empty..well no, busy busy on the highway,....... Walmart parking lot packed...we did our shopping in Soriana , no shortage of paper goods and their parking lot was fuller than normal

If there is a concern in Mexico for Corvis 19 the realization has not reached Lakeside and we may as well be on the Moon.

To address this ..   question Why is there a run on toilet paper? As far as I have read, diarrhea is not one of the symptoms of the corona virus

I was just watching the news   at a major station from the East Coast.  They were interviewing a physician who was on home 'isolation' awaiting her test results.       She said  that she started out with Gastro-Intestional symptoms first, and a few days later the body / respiratory sympoms followed.  She  said that about 50% of the CV cases involve GI symptoms.  If GI symptoms are involved, it makes it doubly important to be delligent about good  hand-washing.. otherwise you will be dealing with an E.Coli infection and the CV infection. 

They asked her if she had taken care of any  + CV cases or person presenting with  CV symptoms, she said  No !