Chapala.com Webboard

Hi. 

Ive just been through parasites, thrush  pneumonia and now heart problems. For the 1st time in my life i am having trouble breathing. I need to get back to New England to have medical tests regarding my heart. It was strongly suggested i do not fly for a month, but the dr said i need the tests asap. I plan on taking bus to Nashvile to stay with relatives and have tests there. 

I need to buy a portable oxigenator, used if possible i am on a budget. Or i would appreciate if anyone knows where i can buy one. Ive asked the oxygen delivery companies, but they just want me to rent. 

Thanks for reading sorry if too detailed or long. Again i would appreciate any help, suggestions etc

Everyone have a good day. 

Best..Joel

• Like 1

I am not going to be of much help but, I know of one lady that bought one in Guadalajara. Try google. BTW they are not cheap and most airlines will let you on board with portables. If necessary some airlines will provide oxygen if arrangements are made ahead of time. 

Good luck. 

There is an oxygen packaged in medium size aerosol can. I think it is called " burst" or something like that. It is used by athletes or occasional medical users, it costs something like $8 a can. I will try to track it down for you if you want. I think it is on mercadolibre.com.mx. Sorry I can't help you more - maybe I need a can for myself!

Personal experience: plan on paying around US$2000. You can't order one from NOB. If your can find someone who is driving down, that's the best way to get one. 

Be careful about two major things; battery life and oxygen flow. The smallest ones only provide 2 liters/min. The larger ones provide up to 4.

The non-portable ones are much more affordable. Available on Mercado Libre for about US$800.

PM me if you want more info.

Edited by Curmudgeon

6 hours ago, Busterdino said:

Thanks everyone   a friend is shipping one down from the states. Have a good day. 

I hope you can ship it. I was refused by several shipping services, because of the restrictions on Li-Ion batteries, and being unable to import medical equipment. My first attempt resulted in being stuck in Mexican customs, and the only way out was to return it to the shipper. Very expensive.

9 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

I hope you can ship it. I was refused by several shipping services, because of the restrictions on Li-Ion batteries, and being unable to import medical equipment. My first attempt resulted in being stuck in Mexican customs, and the only way out was to return it to the shipper. Very expensive.

This is true. Unless it is being muled down the customs will turn it around. 

1 hour ago, Fred Habacht said:

I had to drive to Texas to pick one up and then we unpacked it and my passenger wore it over her shoulder. We have one with 8 hour batteries and is FAA approved.

I think that's the only real solution for a portable device. As I posted before, the non- portable machines can be acquired here at a "reasonable" price.

One more note; beware of portable concentrators advertised from China. Check the oxygen concentration provided. The ones I looked at were 60% or less.