Chapala.com Webboard

Coronavirus in our area

There are 6,146 hospitals in the U.S. and the VA has 170 hospitals and a little over 1000 outpatient facilities of various equipage.  In other words, the VA has about 3 percent of the hospitals in the U.S.  How long do you think it would take 3 percent to be overwhelmed if the other 97 percent are overwhelmed?

• Thanks 1

On 3/16/2020 at 8:52 AM, Mainecoons said:

The question is whether if we are going to really self isolate as seems to be the main remedy at this point does it make sense to have someone coming into your home who is not doing so and is surrounded by family, going to tianquis, etc.?

90024151_10219581804067934_8304478803376209920_n.jpg

• Haha 2

I’m afraid Mexico will turn into a worse case than Italy, it’s health care system is broken, underfunded for years.

just spoke to my doctor who is a professor and doctor at hospital civil and he says it will be worse in one week and much worse in two.

8 hours ago, Taaffe said:

I’m afraid Mexico will turn into a worse case than Italy, it’s health care system is broken, underfunded for years.

just spoke to my doctor who is a professor and doctor at hospital civil and he says it will be worse in one week and much worse in two.

You may have a point.

No photo description available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/13/2020 at 4:39 PM, Mainecoons said:

The hysteria is spreading here.  Iteso University has shut down and there are runs in progress on Costco.  

This is so damn stupid and overblown.

Seems as though some folks have changed their stories and now have jumped on the Coronavirus bandwagon. Hmmm . . . Stopped watching FOX (fascist, obnoxious xenophobes) News?

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

The hysteria is manifested in the shopping runs.  I haven't changed my opinion of that.  Seems like some folks like you try to use this as an opportunity to inject their stupid politics into this situation.  What is ironic is another one of you posted earlier a whole list of quotes out of context trying to prove the same news channel is denying there is a problem.  You all need to get your very selective media bashing at least more consistent.

And Bisbee, you ended up with egg all over your face over that VA post which was a great demonstration of someone being suckered by fake news.  That's pretty funny but I doubt you learned anything from it.

Unlike some of you I don't let the media stampede me and I evaluate things on an ongoing basis.  Right now the numbers in this country are still small.  Right now what we know is social distancing works.  Hysteria and toilet paper stampedes do not.  Trying to predict more than a few days out does not.  Wasting your time with not so cleverly concealed attempts at posting your political agendas instead of addressing the topic as it affects us personally and locally does not.

6 minutes ago, Ferret said:

I did NOT. Check your facts. I did, however, appreciate the FACTS that were posted. Fox now gets it. 'Nuff said?

What was posted was a lot of stuff out of context.  The difference is their point of view evolved as they learned more.  Unlike the highly biased media you all love.  They should all be ignored at this point.  Try it, you'll like it.

Duly noted and corrected.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

So will you like it if you try it. I have been concerned about this virus since December and have been tracking its evolution and spread through many countries, in many sources of both media and scientific community. Panic does no good. Informed evaluation does.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ferret said:

So will you like it if you try it. I have been concerned about this virus since December and have been tracking its evolution and spread through many countries, in many sources of both media and scientific community. Panic does no good. Informed evaluation does.

Does that mean you'll correct your post in this thread with the false claim the POTUS called the virus a hoax?  That was actually even corrected by one of your media on camera during an interview of Bloomberg and also confirmed as a lie by Snopes.  But I didn't see your correction nor one from the person who posted it here to begin with.

Here's a little refresher for the both of you.  Just correcting the record, now maybe we can move on.

Let he/she who is without sin cast the first stone.  :D 

This thread has become divisive.  I truly hope an independent moderator (one who has not posted) or Board administrator reviews it and deletes every single thread that has to do with US politics in any way, shape or form, including those I have posted. 

Let's give it another try to focus on what is going on HERE at Lakeside and in Mexico with regards to the current situation.  

5 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

This thread has become divisive.  I truly hope an independent moderator (one who has not posted) or Board administrator reviews it and deletes every single thread that has to do with US politics in any way, shape or form, including those I have posted. 

Let's give it another try to focus on what is going on HERE at Lakeside and in Mexico with regards to the current situation.  

Great idea.  You want to go back and edit/remove your VA fake news post?

Divisive = we got caught?

I've already stated some time ago I am not moderating this thread.  Did you miss that?

Fine. I'll get in one last dig before it's deleted.

https://www.businessinsider.com/five-times-the-trump-administration-downplayed-the-coronavirus-2020-3?r=MX&IR=T#trump-i-like-the-numbers-being-where-they-are-4

The fact of the matter is that Trump did not listen to EXPERTS on the subject who know far more than he does or ever will.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Ferret said:

Fine. I'll get in one last dig before it's deleted.

https://www.businessinsider.com/five-times-the-trump-administration-downplayed-the-coronavirus-2020-3?r=MX&IR=T#trump-i-like-the-numbers-being-where-they-are-4

The fact of the matter is that Trump did not listen to EXPERTS on the subject who know far more than he does or ever will.

The fact of the matter is Trump responded very quickly with a travel ban from China and that made a big difference.  The fact of the matter is he has listened to the experts which is why his thinking and response of him and his team has evolved and ramped up so quickly which is why even the Governor of New York and a now being ostracized CNN commentator have both praised his response.

Now will you retract your fake news hoax statement?

• Sad 1