Chapala.com Webboard

FMM 'renewal' without leaving the country

suep

I e-mailed Sonia Diaz (on this forum) and got a prompt reply from her. My friends are staying past their 180 days because he has health issues and is just better off here. When they go to leave eventually, Sonia says they will just pay a 550 peso penalty each for a new FMM card at the airport. Those people with cars have a different set of problems and I would suggest they contact Spencer McMullen (aka Intercasa on this forum) at his regular office(s) to find out what to do.

There has to be some kind of extension allowing for unusual or compassionate circumstances. The old system of immigration where application was in country worked much better imho.

The amount is 575 pesos for a new FMM. The only issue is if one has been entering repeatedly and consecutively with a FMM tourist card there is always a chance on their next entry they are told to go and apply for a temporary resident visa pre-approval. It does happen, including immediate deportation from an airport in Mexico.

• 3 weeks later...

There are more flights than there is demand. Schedules and city pairs have been vastly reduced and arriving at you destination may require an extra connection but there is no shortage of seats. Check the facts before you speak. There is already plenty of false informal posted on this board.

• Sad 1

On 4/12/2020 at 6:14 PM, chapalence said:

If you're addressing Sonia, you might look up http://www.soniadiaz.mx/

She is perhaps the most well informed poster on this board and many others.

If you read my post you will see I was discussed available of airline seats. I’m sure I caused some confusion as my post didn’t go where I intended.

IMPORTANT NEWS: EXPIRED FMM TOURIST CARD

Effective April 9 If your FMM has expired while in Mexico it is possible to renew it without travelling to the border.

At most INM offices there are three fees: a review fee of 1365 pesos; a fine of 1737.60 pesos plus 575 pesos the cost of a FMM tourist card. A letter, bank payments and on-line forms, etc are required.

In Puerto Vallarta INM has no fees and it is free. Spencer has posted some information as well. 

In San Miguel, clients do not have to leave their home as I do the complete process for them. Teresa who manages my office in Puerto Vallarta / Riviera Nayarit is available there.

I asked at Inmigracion this week and I was told as of yet, there is no extension for travel letters and visas that expire while out of the country.

I am at Inmigracion almost daily and several times a week, I post this and similar information. https://www.facebook.com/www.soniadiaz.mx/ I am also able to get answers from INM staff via Whatsapp most any time. 

www.soniadiaz.mx

• Like 1

On 4/17/2020 at 10:03 AM, Sonia said:

At most INM offices there are three fees: a review fee of 1365 pesos; a fine of 1737.60 pesos plus 575 pesos the cost of a FMM tourist card. A letter, bank payments and on-line forms, etc are required.

In Puerto Vallarta INM has no fees and it is free.

Sonia, can you explain this? As a federal entity, how is it that some offices would charge for things and another office doesn't? It's not like INM offices are independent franchises.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

In Guadalajara program ended today until they announce it again.  Stay tuned.

I am continuing to submit requests for new FMM's once a person's FMM has expired as confirmed by INM staff yeesterday. In some places free and in some places fees. 

Also, Aduana at the Queretaro airport is providing new 180 day TIP's for those with a new FMM.  There is no fee. All of this is done without driving to the border.

The INM offices with no fees are processing the FMM renewals as humanitarian and they are taking 1 hour to 3 days.

On 4/30/2020 at 7:00 PM, Intercasa said:

In Guadalajara program ended today until they announce it again.  Stay tuned.

I submitted 3 FMM renewals today. The process here is a regularization and not humanitarian.

There is no interview with INM in SMA. Nor does the person have to go to INM. Why INM is not consistent is beyond me. 

I have people coming from other parts of Mexico for new FMM's and TIP renewals.