Chapala.com Webboard

CFE needs what documents?

You must write a letter saying it's OK for her to have her name on the account and present them with your photo ID.  She must present her photo ID and a copy of the lease.  CFE will then put her name on the account.  I did this in July and haven't seen a bill yet.  I've tried to pay at their office several times but since no one has done their job and put me in the computer and assigned an account number to me, I can't pay.  Oh yeah, in addition to what Lily said above.

1 hour ago, carmelbaloney said:

What personal documents are required to put a meter in your name?  The meter is currently in my name and I want it switched to the new tenant but she is not a permanent resident of Mexico.  Can it be done? 

The real question is why you would want to have the account changed to a tenants name?  

In Mexico it would be extremely rare. Normally the phone and electricity stays in the homeowner's name here

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

The real question is why you would want to have the account changed to a tenants name?  

In Mexico it would be extremely rare. Normally the phone and electricity stays in the homeowner's name here

Also if you decide you want to sell the place, having the electric and phone in your name simplifies using the tax exemption.

• Like 1

We don’t own the property. We were the previous renter and the meter is in our name.   The property is a long term lease. We didn't want the new tenant to lose power so we didn’t disconnect when we moved. Now she is getting the run around from CFE on changing to her name. The owner does not want it in his name.  
So back to the question, can anyone confirm if a curp is needed and/or a temporal or permanente for a cfe account.