Chapala.com Webboard

Cost of Angioplasty and stent

geeser

On 3/12/2020 at 12:17 PM, TelsZ4 said:

No one can give you a price .. there are so many factors involved,  I don’t think even a cardiologist can give a firm price. Until they do the angioplasty they don’t know how many stents you need.. 

Angiogram is the first stage and the diagnostic to see what has to be done or not.

• 3 weeks later...

My friend had the angiogram and Dr Jose Pascul Salas decided against using a stent.  The cost of the procedure was $160,555mn or about $7000 USD, The hospital was just great as hospitals go. The food was very tasty and the nutritionist phoned you daily to get your choices. The Hospital San Javier has been completely remodeled since my week there a dozen years ago. Very good experience.  Pay was accepted by US of Mexican credit card. The temperature was taken at door for all who entered. Mask was offered. The room furnishings are top drawer with new Stryker beds and completely re-decorated. Dr Jose Pascul Salas has privileges at several area hospitals but said covid19 wise that San Javier still the cleanest .

One should never get rushed into a procedure, that said there were circumstances: She needed to get in, get procedure and get out before the virus case rush hits. This was accomplished.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, geeser said:

My friend had the angiogram and Dr Jose Pascul Salas decided against using a stent.  The cost of the procedure was $160,555mn or about $7000 USD, The hospital was just great as hospitals go. The food was very tasty and the nutritionist phoned you daily to get your choices. The Hospital San Javier has been completely remodeled since my week there a dozen years ago. Very good experience.  Pay was accepted by US of Mexican credit card. The temperature was taken at door for all who entered. Mask was offered. The room furnishings are top drawer with new Stryker beds and completely re-decorated. Dr Jose Pascul Salas has privileges at several area hospitals but said covid19 wise that San Javier still the cleanest .

One should never get rushed into a procedure, that said there were circumstances: She needed to get in, get procedure and get out before the virus case rush hits. This was accomplished.

Wow! That cost is way more than double the price that  he charged me on an out of my pocket payment based on Canadian $'s. Did your friend have medical insurance perhaps and hence the high price?

7 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

Wow! That cost is way more than double the price that  he charged me on an out of my pocket payment based on Canadian $'s. Did your friend have medical insurance perhaps and hence the high price?

No insurance. The price was lower than many posted here and certainly less than the $25K USD average. The cost of a stent adds $2600-2200 depending on whether plain metal or drug extruding. It was certainly higher than the one I had 21 years age.