Chapala.com Webboard

Major renovation

My 2 Mexican neighbours did the 2 colour blue as we asked and the more artistic one  who does fancy ironwork and does interesting paintings asked if he could do a zig zag yellow between the two. He spent a great deal of time on it measuring to get it right the way he wanted. We liked what he did for many years,so did our other Mexican neighbours,friends and strangers. Quite frankly it became a landmark of sorts. We decided to make this change now which is totally different from all the houses in our neighbourhood. My research was extensive in a lot of colonial cities for ideas and that's what we're doing "colonial".

pedro kertesz

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0621.jpg

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, artsnob said:

Where is this house? I would like to use it in one of my paintings. I like to include neighbors casa also...

You'll have to use the foto because mi casa is now totally different, colonial style as in Centro Morelia,Taxco, Alamos. Look at my rough OP sketch which I provided to my excellent contractor and his people who are executing the reality super well. On completion, I will post fotos.

17 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

You'll have to use the foto because mi casa is now totally different, colonial style as in Centro Morelia,Taxco, Alamos. Look at my rough OP sketch which I provided to my excellent contractor and his people who are executing the reality super well. On completion, I will post fotos.

Lo siento,not in my OP. And there are some teaser fotos in this thread about the transformation.

my drawing.jpg

5 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

Plus you also received at no extra cost...but maybe lots  aggravation...super improvements to your front  side walk

It is not an improvement by any stretch. Before it wasn't a chore to get into mi cocheras and now it is for vehicles and dragging in groceries.

Just drove by and saw the latest work, really excellent.  Totally transforms the place, great curb appeal now.

This project is an absolute mess in Chapala, potholes in it already, bad pavement, amazing!  I guess Moies is too busy shutting down mom and pop shops and liquor stores to worry about what is going on, on his own main street.

• Sad 1

FINISHED! The doors are actually all metal and the painter used the trompe l'oeil technique to make it look like wood. He did such a fine job that I asked him to sign it. We don't care about curb appeal because we ain't selling. We did this solely for our pleasure.

finished best.jpg

doors zx.jpg

window.jpg

window 2.jpg

window courtyard.jpg

new entrance front a.jpg

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Xena said:

Spectacular! Congratulations on a job well done.

I just did a basic drawing and a bunch of research[ fotos of colonial elements] that I supplied to the contractor. He, his workers and subcontractors executed perfectly. The praise belongs to them!

• Like 1

Excellent work and great to see people sprucing up their properties to help raise the image of Chapala.

I remember when we used to go out of town, one of your favorite things was to look at unusual and artistic doors.  You have done a great job on this renovation.  It really looks beautiful!  I'll be so glad when I can actually see it in person.