Chapala.com Webboard

Internet down - Chula Vista

Same in lower SAT today. In and out several times.  Keep getting notifications from Telmex that say system service interruption, do not report.  Like that makes a difference, lol.  Phone keeps switching over to cellular data with 3G service or one bar for 4G.  Frustrating  trying to work without consistent internet.  Arrrrrrgh!!!!

I just checked my messages on Telmex and two hours ago they sent out a message stating there was a major outage in our area and don't bother to report it as we already know.

I just got another message saying things are now working. Yes I have a dial tone, but still no internet. I tried rebooting and that did not help. That is why I have Telecable  now Izzi as a backup.

30 minutes ago, Robinh said:

Ok so maybe I’m not on the up and up on Mexico well cuz I’m not but I have been trying to call Ajijic all day and the number I’m calling says it’s not working. It’s a Clinic. Would this be why? 

Quite possibly. Many phone lines down as well as Internet; those being controlled by TelMex. Also down in S.A.T. all day.

• 2 weeks later...

Infinitum has been out this afternoon and is still out at 18:42 this evening in upper West Ajijic. And people wonder why I also have a backup service provided by the cable company and when necessary another backup in the form of a hotspot created by my cell phone should both cable and Telmex be down. :) :) 

I just checked and Telmex infinitum is up and running in upper West Ajijic and I'm  getting 18 down by 5 up. Which is OK. Often I get 19.7 MB/sec down by 5 up.

May you all have a good evening. Time for this old man to go to sleep :)