Chapala.com Webboard

Money shortage today

cedros

Today I went to HSBC in Laguna Mall to get some money. Earlier in the day at home I had transferred some money from my HSBC account in Canada to my HSBC account at Laguna (and got a very good rate). The two ATMS had no cash and all the tellers were closed. I asked a supervisor why and he said we don't have any money. He said tomorrow. I guess they had a bit of a run on the weekend and hadn't been restocked yet. 

I would imagine a couple of the tellers stayed home in recognition of International Women's Day. The mayor in Chapala,  supposedly did not work today because of IWD.  Historically speaking,  HSBC is out of money most Monday morning's because visitors are here over the weekend and HSBC is the most visible ATM machine location on that corner. 

9 minutes ago, ibarra said:

I would imagine a couple of the tellers stayed home in recognition of International Women's Day. The mayor in Chapala,  supposedly did not work today because of IWD.  Historically speaking,  HSBC is out of money most Monday morning's because visitors are here over the weekend and HSBC is the most visible ATM machine location on that corner. 

IWD was yesterday Sunday, Mar. 8. Today was a Mexico's women's strike - violence against women stay at home day - Monday, Mar. 9.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/mexico-womens-strike-femicide/2020/03/09/293a7770-615d-11ea-8a8e-5c5336b32760_story.html?outputType=amp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, ibarra said:

Yes, I realize there is a Monday morning cash problem at HSBC so I rarely go there at that time. But I had to go to Bennos Computer place today so I thought while I was close why not as traffic can be so bad. I have been using HSBC since before they moved to Laguna and I have never seen no tellers before. Not all of the tellers are women.

I went to Actinver bank this morning where only two women came to work. Those men and the two women who came to work, kept things moving and I was able to get all of  the money (not much) that I needed. I didn't get the idea that they had a shortage of money at Actinver, just a shortage of staff. But everything seemed OK

And I stress that I greatly respect those who chose not to come to work.

Update. This morning (Tuesday) just after 9am the 2 ATMS at HSBC had no money. They said maybe by noon. But the tellers were there today so I got money from them. 

https://priceofdollar.com

"Tuesday 10th of March 2020 07:30:02 PM

Note: This price is for $1.00 USD

Logo

Bank

Buy

Sell

Monex

$20.48 MXN

$20.99 MXN

Banxico

$20.75 MXN

$20.78 MXN

HSBC

$19.67 MXN

$20.74 MXN

Banamex

$20.25 MXN

$21.10 MXN

IXE

$19.65 MXN

$21.05 MXN

Scotiabank

$19.50 MXN

$21.50 MXN

BBVA Bancomer

$20.24 MXN

$21.14 MXN

Bajio Bank

$20.10 MXN

$21.40 MXN

Santander

$20.90 MXN

$20.91 MXN

Banorte

$19.65 MXN

$21.05 MXN

BX+

$18.50 MXN

$19.50 MXN

Azteca Bank

$19.20 MXN

$20.59 MXN

Inbursa

$20.50 MXN

$21.05 MXN

Banregio

$19.80 MXN

$21.60 MXN

Banjercito

$19.15 MXN

$19.77 MXN"

$20.90 this is why I have account at Santander.  Only drawback is they have no one in Chapala office that speaks English.  This is why I have Mexican wife.  Transferred several dollars from USA this week.  

11 hours ago, HoneyBee said:

So you got married to a Mexican in order to facilitate your banking matters........

Why not?

22 hours ago, HoneyBee said:

So you got married to a Mexican in order to facilitate your banking matters........

It also helps out at the tiangis and she is a psychologist so  I get a discount!