Chapala.com Webboard

Another accident involving car/motorcycle/pedestrian

Two different sources this morning mentioned an accident in front of or very near the Scallion restaurant involving a local man crossing The carretera and being struck by a motorcycle and then both by a car. I won’t mention a name until I’m sure. One or more persons appeared badly injured but again I won’t speculate on the outcome. Looking for further confirmation....

The stretch from W*M to about the Telmex seems to invite a lot of bad actions by more than a few moto riders.....and now with the changes....

Crackdown for awhile on shoulder passing (what shoulder?) might be an idea....

It happened at about 8 pm on Sunday night. We passed it minutes after it occurred. We only saw the car and the motorcycle. Police were there and ambulances were arriving as we drove east.

I hope everyone gets through whatever happened.

I have crossed there many times.

I have also almost been run over by a Scooterist, 4 wheelers, etc. Several times walking. I have had a few pass by me within inches as I walk Even though there was plenty of room on the road.

It scared me to death and made it uncomfortable for me to relax and walk.  I have sometimes thought they were passing so close on purpose like a game.

It has made me wonder how many of these accidents happen around here. And realize how quick you could be hurt.

I hope they are doing ok.

I was told today that one of the injured persons was a local Mexican man known by many of us as Angel. He was seriously injured and is in hospital in Guadalajara. Hopefully he will recover quickly as he has had a difficult life and won’t understand what has happened to him. 

12 hours ago, chicamysterious said:

I hope everyone gets through whatever happened.

I have crossed there many times.

I have also almost been run over by a Scooterist, 4 wheelers, etc. Several times walking. I have had a few pass by me within inches as I walk Even though there was plenty of room on the road.

It scared me to death and made it uncomfortable for me to relax and walk.  I have sometimes thought they were passing so close on purpose like a game.

It has made me wonder how many of these accidents happen around here. And realize how quick you could be hurt.

I hope they are doing ok.

Why were you walking  on the road....  ?  Maybe you should walk on the sidewalk.. 

• Sad 2

53 minutes ago, TelsZ4 said:

Why were you walking  on the road....  ?  Maybe you should walk on the sidewalk.. 

I think the key words are "crossing the road". It is a scary intersection to walk or drive across under the best of circumstances.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RCman said:

I was told today that one of the injured persons was a local Mexican man known by many of us as Angel. He was seriously injured and is in hospital in Guadalajara. Hopefully he will recover quickly as he has had a difficult life and won’t understand what has happened to him. 

Is Angel the young man who used to be around SuperLake years ago as a young boy? Recently he has been near Farmacia Guadalajara? I too wish him a speedy recovery.

9 hours ago, TelsZ4 said:

Do you have  a compulsion to blurt out whatever comes into your mind? Or are you just insensitive? How else to you cross the street but to walk on the roadway? Do you assume that everyone else is a :() that doesn't look before stepping off the curb? Sheeesshh.....

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, RCman said:

I've known Angel since he was a boy and also his Mother ,Trini who also was mentally challenged. They lived in the neighborhood above Donas Donuts in Ajijic.Its amazing how with his limited abilities that he's been able to live "independently" with the help of his neighbors. I wish him the absolute best care and a speedy recovery.

Yes, I was told today that one of the injured persons was a local Mexican man known by many of us as Angel. He was seriously injured and is in hospital in Guadalajara. Hopefully he will recover quickly as he has had a difficult life and won’t understand what has happened to him. 

7 hours ago, cafemediterraneo said:

I've known Angel since he was a boy and also his Mother ,Trini who also was mentally challenged. They lived in the neighborhood above Donas Donuts in Ajijic.Its amazing how with his limited abilities that he's been able to live "independently" with the help of his neighbors. I wish him the absolute best care and a speedy recovery.

Yes. That is who I was referring to. He would not understand the dangers of simply crossing the carretera so previous comments are I insensitive to Angels situation. I hope for a speedy recovery.