Chapala.com Webboard

Don't bother reading if you know everything about Corona-virus and suggestions for help in preventing getting it.

Like many people, I got a few bottles jell at Walmart to sanitize my hands. As I read more from the CDC on this point, I found the below.

If you bought some as I did, look at the ingredients. I couldn't read it, even with my glasses, nor with a magnifying glass. For me, it could only be read with a jewelers loop. 

If you have nothing to contribute to the substance of this post, please don't post.

If you want to trash me, please feel free to PM me.

Note below from my research that I hope will help some people.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off, it's important to note that hand sanitizer isn't the first strategy to prevent infection. Frequent and thorough hand washing with soap (for at least 20 seconds) is hands down the best method for reducing hand germs and curbing disease transmission, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). When soap and water aren't available, though, hand sanitizers can be used as an alternative, the CDC says. 

The alcohol in hand sanitizers lends those products their microbe-busting power, and the CDC recommends that sanitizers contain 60% to 95% alcohol in order to eradicate germs. Sanitizers work best on clean hands and may be less effective when hands are greasy or visibly dirty, according to the CDC

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Guiness said:

You have wayyyy to much time on your hands. Do something other than sit on this board everyday posting on and on about all the same stuff. Maybe volunteer your time. 

It looks to me like this board has been sold to a new owner and I guess that the original premise will change to one topic only. How unfortunate.

• Sad 1

So Eric, is it true that should you have been in the greater Seattle Kirkland area, like I was and if you were exposed to the Corona virus, like I might have been, that drinking a Corona beer at least once per day like I did, that the chances are the symptoms from the virus will be less? 

It has worked for me. I have been back three weeks now and I am feeling pretty good.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1