Chapala.com Webboard

Looking for a lady to co-moderate a panel discussion or 2 (or 3)..

For those of you who are unable or don't care to contribute in a positive way and rather post nasty personal comments, don't bother responding since I have a list of who you are.

Details:

When I arrived in 2004, I needed a project. I decided to put on panel discussions. I had connected by email with a very nice lady Susan Freud and we teamed up to put these together.

They were hosted at the Nueva Posada who let us have an area. The Nueva Posada did the set up and provided coffee and tea. Each person paid $25, which went directly to the Nueva Posada.

Our panel members varied depending on the topic. I recall one Rabbi (the ethicist), A nurse (medical questions) One newspaper person (a well known lady  with the Guadalajara Reporter, who died several years ago) with her fingers on the pulse of Lakeside, and one volunteer from the general Lakeside population. Panel member specialties would vary depending on the topic.

I think we did 4 or 5. and they took about 3 months to set up.

I recall three titles. 1) "The Arab/Israel dispute through a different set of eyes."  Our guest speaker was a Lakeside Muslim lady who gave the issue from the Arab perspective. 2) "Senior Sex, use it or lose it." 3)  Assisted Suicide, They shoot horses, don't they?"

All of the panels were well attended and well received. You can try to figure out which had the most people attending (Well over 100. needed extra chairs, SRO)

It is a two part program. The first part was the presentation by the speaker/presenter. Then an intermission for the coffee/tea break, or whatever wanted to be order from the kitchen (added cost). Then written questions to the panel members, submitted by audience members.

We need to find a venue to host the talks; find panelists, get publicity and generally put it together. 

I found one write-up from the G.R. I can send you.

I would have tried Open Circle but the time of the presentation, including the break, will far exceed the 45 minutes allowed by Open Circle.

So as not to clutter this thread, and keep the snarky ones out), please PM me. I have found one write up the Guadalajara Did for us and I can send it to those who are interested. It is from 2004.

Please tell me why you would like to co-moderate; your resident status; your time availability and anything else you want.

I invite people to send serious suggestions for other panel discussions.

All of this is subject to the "conditions" Lakeside in relation to the Corona-virus pandemic.

Thanks.

• Thanks 1