Chapala.com Webboard

Mac Morison's 7th Concert of Music, Romance & Laughter

Just returned from Dress/Tech for this wonderful show featuring Mac Morison, Mariana Vigueras (winner of Chapala Has Talent 2020), Mike "Scatman" Fortier and his band, The Jazz Prophets, playing blues, jazz, rock and ballads along with Comedy Central comedian, Jeff Capri, and the Ajijic Showgirls!

Tickets can be purchased at Diane Pearl's, Mia's and at the door.  As of today, there were about 50 seats left un-sold.  

If you don't already have tickets, please join us for a delightful evening of entertainment tomorrow, Friday March 6th at 7 pm.  Doors open at Club Exotica behind El Jardin in the Ajijic Plaza at 6 pm.  Ticket cost is $350 pesos and this performance is a fund-raiser for the newly named "The Turning Pointe Project" which teaches quality dance (ballet, tap, jazz, contemporary, etc.) to local Mexican youths.

Hope you can join us!

Val Jones (one of the Ajijic Showgirls, LOL!)

• Like 1

Many thanks for such a WONDERFUL audience!  Your support is greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Val :)

• Like 1

The evening was extremely well-organized, with many friendly helpers to take tickets, direct us to our seats (rows also well-numbered), I assume bartenders as well. Everyone was in a jolly good mood. The show itself was also nicely compartmentalized, with no long acts, but lots of shifting back and forth between some talented people. Congratulations to everone on a job well done. I saw a lot of happy people clapping and cheering in that audience.

• Like 2

Thanks ComputerGuy for your support of the event.  It was a pleasure to participate and perform for such a wonderful audience.  Barb Clippinger will be directing another event the week of Nov. 8-13 in Cabaret style with tables and 4 chairs throughout the same venue.  More information as the event is fully planned.  I do know there will be multiple dance numbers as well as great singers as well.

I'll promote the Event once everything's finalized.  I hope you'll join us for that , too.  The Turning Pointe Project will also be the recipient of funds raised.  It's wonderful to bring dance to local kids who may not have the opportunity to take Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Contemporary, etc.  These classes are taught by adults (some who were professional dancers in life before Mexico) and others who are very talented dancers and teachers who have a passion for bringing dance to locals.

Cheers!

Val Jones  :)

• Like 1