Chapala.com Webboard

Chapala highway and Periferico road construction

The Guadalajara Reported indicated there is major road construction at the intersection of periferico and Chapala highway.  Is the construction where you get on the periferico to head north or is the construction where you return south on the periferico and go on the Chapala highway back to lake side.?

The construction is on the periferico from where you get on at the Chapala highway and heading west from there.

Sometimes the northbound Chapala highway is slowed down in the right lane because the ramp to the westbound periferico is overflowing due to the construction.

Right now there are several parts of all periférico being constructed. At those construction sites they closed all the lanes of one direction. All the traffic is being redirected on the lanes of the other direction leaving only about 2 lanes each direction. So both directions are equally heavily affected.

They are constructing roughly from carretera de Chapala to López Mateos, from López Mateos to av Guadalupe and from av acueducto to carretera a Tesistán. Both directions at all of these sites are affected. Maybe more to the north there is an other part being worked on.

5 hours ago, sm1mex said:

I thought the periferico was a ring road around Guadalajara heading north towards zapopan and then back south on the far side of Guadalajara. I didn’t know it ran west. What am I missing?  

It runs west for a quite a distance after doing the cloverleaf off the Chapala highway and doesn´t turn north until after you cross over Lopez Mateos.