Chapala.com Webboard

Airport taxi and credit cards

I have visitors arriving this week. Whenever I've taken a cab from the airport, I always use pesos, but they won't have a chance to get any. I'm sure they can find an overpriced ATM at the airport, but would anyone know if the taxi stands accepts credit cards?

There are two or three ATM machines right by the taxi stand exit door; Scotia and others as mentioned.     Same cost, no upcharge.

Recommend getting the porter right at the exit door from the baggage claim, he can both assist with and watch their bags while they then use the machine and pay the taxi stand.    EZ PZ as mentioned.      Really a pretty good setup when used this way.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Go Solar said:

Pretty ungrateful response there, to a lot of useful info.

You have to judge the answers more closely before being judgemental...bottom line the op did not get an answer to his question...maybe like requesting help to fix your computer problems and the guy offers to make breakfast

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Go Solar said:

Pretty ungrateful response there, to a lot of useful info.

Maybe it seemed ungrateful as only econ man came close to answering the OP's question

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

The card reader is on the counter at the taxi stand. In other words, your card is never out of your sight (like some restaurants) and, if it's not out of your sight, it's damn near impossible to clone... especially when using a pin number. Just use the usual precautions of shading the pin entry with one hand as you enter it... same as you would do when using an ATM.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, dano1948 said:

Guess this guy doesn't appreciate any help...If you want your credit card compromised, then by all mean use it at the taxi stand...

And welcome to paranoiai-ville. Of the billions of credit card uses every day, what is the percentage of compromise? Especially when the reader is in plain view. I'm sure you have never used a credit card to pay for anything, and that makes you perfectly safe. If a little short-sighted. I won't ask how you book an airline flight or a hotel destination.

Wait... what was that I just heard someone say... ? About covert card readers on ATM machines... ? Hmmm...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

35 minutes ago, dano1948 said:

Your sure I have never used a credit card to pay for anything?....If nothing else, it is entertaining here....

LOL! And how many times have you used it in Mexico? Just asking because your paranoia showed up loud and clear in your previous post. As long as one doesn't leave their brains at the border, all is well.

• Like 1

Ah, another spitting contest. You brought it upon yourself, dano, by making a statement that if one uses a credit card, it is going to be compromised. Then you turn around and say you use your credit card. So, which is it? Or is it only airport taxi stands in Mexico that we have to worry about?

I use it at places I trust, I use common sense...So no expats in Mexico have ever had a credit or debit card compromised?...I know of 3 in the last 4 months...But its all good,  24 years in MEX, ever peeked out from behind the walls to see what's really going on here?...LOL...

• Like 1