Chapala.com Webboard

New Chapala Drivers License Office

Just now, AngusMactavish said:

Since they ask for the "CURP impreso" (printed), I would have it printed in color. Many other agencies require it that way.

correct..why do people keep having apoplexy when talking about color copies, as if the world will come to an end..get over it..it is the intent that matters

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, lakeside7 said:

correct..why do people keep having apoplexy when talking about color copies, as if the world will come to an end..get over it..it is the intent that matters

Maybe because they and I have always heard that Mexico takes a dim view of copying legal documents in color... except for the CURP?.... i.e. trying to commit fraud?  Don't know if that is/ever was true but that is probably why.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

We have used B&W printed copies of the CURP and never had a problem with it.  We don't own a color printer because we used it so little the ink kept drying out.

Normally an original CURP is required and it is in color now. Old style CURP is not accepted. Looks like Chapala is being flexible right now. 

Some govt offices are not flexible and will require a color original. Always best to print an original in color if you can, just in case.

17 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Normally an original CURP is required and it is in color now. Old style CURP is not accepted. Looks like Chapala is being flexible right now. 

Some govt offices are not flexible and will require a color original. Always best to print an original in color if you can, just in case.

What is the site to get the new one? What if one doesn't have their CURP #, can it be had through the name of the person? TIA

I also got mine this a.m.  So much easier than dealing with the long lines in Guadalajara.  Only a small delay when the machine used to coat the license ran out of the film.  Black and white CURP accepted no problem.  This office also has a copy machine if you don't get them in advance.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, exyyz said:

I also got mine this a.m.  So much easier than dealing with the long lines in Guadalajara.  Only a small delay when the machine used to coat the license ran out of the film.  Black and white CURP accepted no problem.  This office also has a copy machine if you don't get them in advance.

Good for you. New car, new license. You must feel like giddy teenager who gets their first taste of freedom and independence!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CHILLIN said:

Good for you. New car, new license. You must feel like giddy teenager who gets their first taste of freedom and independence!

I should have said renewal.  Everyone there this morning seemed to be renewals.

14 minutes ago, mexbound said:

Tell me where "other office" is defined in this thread?  Where is the other office to pay?  Is it that difficult to say or is it a secret ...

After you start the process they will give you a payment document. You take it to the recaudadora on Av Delgado (same place you pay for car registration) which is a few blocks away. Then return with the receipt and finish the process.

If you have an INAPAM card you get a 50% discount