Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

For those of you interested in Corona Virus progress.


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Jreboll said:

Mostlylost gets his news from Fox News. Theirs is fair and balanced.

I don't have FOX news available. I can read statistics very well.

I don't make false claims about posters here.. Nor do I insult posters here....Can  you say that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

I don't have FOX news available. I can read statistics very well.

I don't make false claims about posters here.. Nor do I insult posters here....Can  you say that?

I didn’t know listening to Fox News was demeaning.  Sorry

MSNBC?  CNN??

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"The World Health Organization reported this week that the death rate for the coronavirus increased to 3.4% and is more lethal than the flu, which kills tens of thousands of Americans each year.

But [You Know Who], citing only a "hunch," called the number provided by world health leaders "false."

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-citing-hunch-disputes-world-121115419.html

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/5/2020 at 9:54 AM, HoneyBee said:

Several weeks back I went out and purchased several months worth of non perishable foods because to me it was clear that there could be a serious issue in the near future. What caused my decision is the fact that China was locking down cities bigger then Guadalajara.....

The Chinese doctor who first recognized the CV died from it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No need for panic.  Follow common sense precautions and the CDC statements,  and stay away from crowds.   I cancelled my own trip to Italy, sad, but CV has spread exponentially there, and that is the scary part.  It is reasonable to assume that smoking would predispose you to any kind of respiratory infection.  In Spanish, I tell people "Besos de Lejos"  - kisses from afar - with a nice wave and smile.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Knowledge is power.

Percentages don't matter. Be it any kind of virus, for those that die, the death rate is 100%.

I just made an updated post on what the AMA (American Medical Association) found. Google it.

As to those who want to bash me for posting authoritative information, have fun. But if what I post can help even one person, then it's worth it for me.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Eric Blair said:

As to those who want to bash me for posting authoritative information, have fun. But if what I post can help even one person, then it's worth it for me.

Most people who are interested in keeping up to date with the info on CV are perfectly capable of researching the latest info themselves. They don't really need you to start about 10 topic posts on it in order to stay informed.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Princess cruise ship quarantined off San Francisco docked in February at Manzanillo, PUerto Vallarta an Cabo and let passengers off to shop and sight-see.

21 have been tested positive, one is dead. Mexican Chief Epidemiologist says the health authorities weren’t notified.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Taaffe said:

Princess cruise ship quarantined off San Francisco docked in February at Manzanillo, PUerto Vallarta an Cabo and let passengers off to shop and sight-see.

 

In PV they waddle across to the Walmart across the street, a place I steer clear of anyway. Thankfully, I doubt any of them go shopping at the upholstery supply shop I frequent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Eric Blair said:

As to those who want to bash me for posting authoritative information ...

That's self-important with inflated self-regard. You have NO authority on the coronavirus matter than any of us from daily reading but prefer the impressive expert title. 

How can someone feel so intelligent in your own thoughts?

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Lily H said:

That's self-important with inflated self-regard. You have NO authority on the coronavirus matter than any of us from daily reading but prefer the impressive expert title. 

How can someone feel so intelligent in your own thoughts?

I pass on information from reliable sources. Are so sure everyone here does daily, in-depth reading/research on the subjects?

Lily H. and all the other asses that have nothing to contribute but making personal, negative comments, I suggest, as have others, you don't open my posts, or report me to the moderator.

I don't need nor want to feed your needs to make personal attacks. That's sick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Eric Blair said:

Are so sure everyone here does daily, in-depth reading/research on the subjects?

Everyone who cares enough about it does. They don't rely on an internet forum to get the latest in-depth, authoritative information.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/5/2020 at 7:14 PM, AngusMactavish said:

"The World Health Organization reported this week that the death rate for the coronavirus increased to 3.4% and is more lethal than the flu, which kills tens of thousands of Americans each year.

But [You Know Who], citing only a "hunch," called the number provided by world health leaders "false."

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-citing-hunch-disputes-world-121115419.html

Don't pay any attention to you know who. He is ignorant of the facts as usual.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/5/2020 at 4:22 PM, MtnMama said:

Haven't you heard? We are calling it 'corona flu' and all those scary numbers are a hoax. Got to keep up people.

I for one am glad I'm in Mexico.

 

13 hours ago, Taaffe said:

Princess cruise ship quarantined off San Francisco docked in February at Manzanillo, PUerto Vallarta an Cabo and let passengers off to shop and sight-see.

21 have been tested positive, one is dead. Mexican Chief Epidemiologist says the health authorities weren’t notified.....

Just what is Mexico doing to prevent the spread of this virus? So far the President let two different cruise ships on two different coasts debark, one of which has many passengers and crew with the virus. I haven't read anything about the government preparing for an outbreak other than there are three hospitals in Guadalajara ready to accept patients. The populace appears to be paying attention however as they seem to be stocking up on some items, ie hand sanitizer. 

As for me, I am washing my hands, LOL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...