Chapala.com Webboard

In case you didn't notice it.

Eric Blair

If you buy SILK Almendra Vaninilla, it might interest you to know the first three ingredents are:

Almond, water and almond base cane sugar.

It also says, 50% more calcium than cow's milk.

Is water and added sugar better than cow's milk and maybe eating almonds or other foods that contain calcium.

Hmmmmm

• Confused 2
  • Sad 4

The only one that should be drinking cow's milk are calves. Just my two cents. I buy unsweetened soy milk and I also make my own almond milk. I like that one the best.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, gogirl said:

The only one that should be drinking cow's milk are calves. Just my two cents. I buy unsweetened soy milk and I also make my own almond milk. I like that one the best.

I'm totally with you in this regard.  You are correct about the cow's milk.  I also make delicious almond milk, and it's super easy.  I also buy the unsweetened soy milk...I think most people want convenience, however, they may not realize that the almond milk sold isn't that great, and making it is so darn simple.

• Like 2

For what it's worth... and I admit it is basically worthless here.... the state of Virginia just passed a LAW that the word 'milk' could ONLY be used when describing a product produced by a cow. 

and PS, I could NOT survive with real cow's milk. The Virginia kind.  And I'm not a calf.  Sometimes maybe bull, but.....

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Yo1 said:

I'm trying to boycott almonds.  It takes a gallon of water a year to  produce a single almond.  In California, the largest almond producer and getting drier all the time, that's a tragedy happening.

Plenty of water in California...just being diverted to the wrong places for the wrong reasons. California is not getting drier. 

2 hours ago, gringohombre said:

Plenty of water in California...just being diverted to the wrong places for the wrong reasons. California is not getting drier. 

Could you expand on "wrong places" and "wrong reasons" on this thread or start a new one.  I´m intrigued…..sounds interesting.

6 hours ago, slainte39 said:

Could you expand on "wrong places" and "wrong reasons" on this thread or start a new one.  I´m intrigued…..sounds interesting.

I do not want to be accused of diverting a thread here (a thread with an innocuous title by the way) but since I was asked...

Google the Delta Smelt, a tiny (1" - 2") almost extinct (they could only find 6 in the last survey) critter in the huge Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta of Northern California that has the pointy headed politicians in a tizzy. Legislation there is not allowing abundant fresh water from being used for agriculture irrigation or even household use. Instead it is being diverted back to the main river beds to flow into the ocean. Over half of the of the huge amounts of rain there is run into the Pacific. No wonder people (including myself) have left California in droves.

Should meaning[ used to indicate obligation,duty or correctness,typically when criticizing  someone's actions]. Seems like quit a few members believe that their simple life choices "should" be dictated to us board members,the vast majority of who are older than dirt. I don't think that " should" should even be used when you're trying to teach a 5 year old something. This may be "cheesy" on my part but I am "udderly" for the consumption of any sort of animal milk and its many byproducts, if one wishes to do so.

May the udder be with you in Jalisco's favourite morning beverage,El Pajarete. Salud!😀

second most important ingredient,pajarete.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Yo1 said:

I'm trying to boycott almonds.  It takes a gallon of water a year to  produce a single almond.  In California, the largest almond producer and getting drier all the time, that's a tragedy happening.

Add to that the lack of bee populations to pollinate the almond trees, so hivers are trucking massive amounts of bees via 24-wheelers to different almond orchards so they can be fertilized. Not only is the dollar cost massive, and the added pollution unimaginable, the shipping is unsettling the bees so much that they are dieing off even faster.

Happy, I think it's pajarete.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

Add to that the lack of bee populations to pollinate the almond trees, so hivers are trucking massive amounts of bees via 24-wheelers to different almond orchards so they can be fertilized. Not only is the dollar cost massive, and the added pollution unimaginable, the shipping is unsettling the bees so much that they are dieing off even faster.

Happy, I think it's pajarete.

Whoops gracias!