Chapala.com Webboard

Corona Virus arrives in Mexico.

Eric Blair

1 hour ago, vetteforron said:

In time this bug will disappear and be old news. Well, till the next time we have a crisis. Life goes on. Having said this being cautious is not a bad idea. 

It’s like seeing someone approaching in a dark alley. Nothing is lost by just walking on the opposite side. 

• Like 2

Well I'm thinking all this media hype may be having some inpact.  There were reports of a run on the Costco in Culiacan and when we went to Costco Lopez Mateos as it opened this morning it took 20 minutes to check out and the lines were much longer when we left.  Have never encountered this even at Christmas.

We're all gonna die!  🥶

One good thing.  With all those damned topes gone or tamed greatly it took a lot less time to get to the Joco bypass.  Traffic flowed smoothly, no backups, no crazy passing out of frustration no congestion until the usual in Ajijic these days.  Reminds me of what it used to be before the tope madness happened along the carretera.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

may be the run was bevause it was the end of the month and people were getting paid.. This weekend I tried 6 Banamex ATM and there was no money. all the indigenous were trying to get their Bienestar money and the machnes were empty.. The lines were out the door at Bancomer and so on. It was a zoo everywhere and  do not think t had anythng today with the news.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bmh said:

may be the run was bevause it was the end of the month and people were getting paid.. This weekend I tried 6 Banamex ATM and there was no money. all the indigenous were trying to get their Bienestar money and the machnes were empty.. The lines were out the door at Bancomer and so on. It was a zoo everywhere and  do not think t had anythng today with the news.

Exactly.

Weekend after fortnight payments are always a zoo.

On 2/28/2020 at 6:02 PM, Eric Blair said:

Google it.

Also considering wearing surgical gloves. Think of all the surfaces you touch in a plane, with luggage, money, etc.

Better safe than sorry.

Just my opinion.

I am truly amazed by all the myths and fairy tails of "alleged" Coronaviris cures that Mexican middle class females are  sharing on their What Up or Facebook.

Many families  are already  taking weeds, grass, sticks and bugs as a supplements with no substantiated test to verify any benefits. Most are already taking lots of fruit and veggis so their diet is OK

To day my Mexican partner showed me an in radio interview between a Mexican business man and a Chinese guy,  in which the Mexican guy alleges a cure with his magic cream and or spray  that will be available in 3/4 weeks!!!! to cure the Coronaviris

In the larger picture it is a very sad fact that many people NOB believe in stories that south of the border has Cancer cures and other potions and creams Mexico is a country built on myths with no substantiated proof and peddlers of this rubbish should be punished 

I am looking at where I go three times per year, Seattle, and see that this is one of the centers for Corona Virus in the US. Sure hope things slow down up there come this June, when I normally go north.

1 hour ago, lakeside7 said:

I am truly amazed by all the myths and fairy tails of "alleged" Coronaviris cures that Mexican middle class females are  sharing on their What Up or Facebook.

Many families  are already  taking weeds, grass, sticks and bugs as a supplements with no substantiated test to verify any benefits. Most are already taking lots of fruit and veggis so their diet is OK

To day my Mexican partner showed me an in radio interview between a Mexican business man and a Chinese guy,  in which the Mexican guy alleges a cure with his magic cream and or spray  that will be available in 3/4 weeks!!!! to cure the Coronaviris

In the larger picture it is a very sad fact that many people NOB believe in stories that south of the border has Cancer cures and other potions and creams Mexico is a country built on myths with no substantiated proof and peddlers of this rubbish should be punished 

FAKE NEWS is everywhere!!!

13 hours ago, johanson said:

I am looking at where I go three times per year, Seattle, and see that this is one of the centers for Corona Virus in the US. Sure hope things slow down up there come this June, when I normally go north.

Stick around and enjoy the rainy season in MX, instead of the rainy season up north.....many people's favorite time of year @ lakeside.   

And on the fun side of the wall....

• Like 1