Chapala.com Webboard

Internet Speed

Floradude

Telcel wireless can be a good option for Infinitum users with a poor connection, if the cell signal is good in your area.     The cell modem is also portable so you can take it with you around MX if traveling and has both WiFi and ethernet connections.     10 meg down and about 4 to 5 meg upload minimum as tested to date, occasionally much higher.    100 GB of bandwidth per month, for 399 pesos.

Only mentions:   1 - the modem is 2500 pesos upfront.....

and 2 - is that their admin startup processes / internal systems can be a bit painful.....

• Thanks 1

Then I would try for iLox. My speed this morning with Fast.com was 110 mbps down and 23 mbps up. Go Solar's Telcel modem is also an option IF you get good cell reception in your house. If you don't get good cell reception (like me in Riberas who faces east) then there is a cellular antenna booster which was recommended by JGiff (I think) on this forum. It's kinda pricey though (around 7200 pesos) and that, combined with the cellular modem (at 2500 pesos) can make this option expensive. I have kept my Telmex modem and landline since the phone option for iLox is not very good. Up to you what route you want to go but, at this time, I think iLox may be the least painful.

Almost back to my usual 6.2 this morning.

I will stick with Telmex awhile longer.   It has been a up-and-down affair the past 17 years. Those first years were something to be experienced.

However, I do have ILOX in the back of my mind.

Appreciate the comments....

English (US) 
Your Internet speed is

Mbps

2 hours ago, Floradude said:

6 Mbps

I remember those days. I am in the Raquet Club and was stuck with TelMex for years getting 5 Mbps download on good days and days to upload anything. Once Ilox came they ramped it up to around 9 Mbps down and .05 Mpbs upload.

With Ilox, I usually get 48 Mpbs download with an occasional drop to 38. My upload is consistently 10,1 to 10.4 Mpbs upload. I'm very happy as it cost me just under 10 pesos more a month for far better speeds and service.

Screenshot_20200228-115747_Orbi.jpg

• Like 1