Chapala.com Webboard

Telus Optik TV

JGiff

14 minutes ago, virgo lady said:

Here's a thread from last month's board on it that may be helpful to you:

Thank you I did see that and I forwarded it also.

Thank you for taking the time to do that and send that to me. I so grateful

I really really do appreciate it. 

I am little taken back by all the help people are doing. Searching, copying, posting. Taken their own personal time and used it to help a stranger.

Thank you again

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chicamysterious said:

Well again sorry you took it that way. Would you like to keep telling me?

Only if you think it will help. Sorry, my reading skills rely on the grammar, syntax and organizational capabilities of the author.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Only if you think it will help. Sorry, my reading skills rely on the grammar, syntax and organizational capabilities of the author.

I think how I think. You aren't going  change that to late for that now

And I even in a separate post after your message I made it clear it was an opinon and that should have made it clear enough. And it looked like someone else had already posted it was they thought an opinon so I wasn't the only one. Then it got into a fish named Eric. 

I say how I say and if it's wrong in your eyes then have me reported or something.

I am not a English major and I could be very wrong in how exactly I say something but going off on somebody doesn't really help

well in my case anyway

Do you own or work in a store around here? That's what I Would like to know.

• Like 2

You respond with rhetoric, false equivalance and straw man arguments. None of which have any bearing on what you stated as a fact, not an opinion. I see no point in discussing anything with someone who cannot tell the difference between stating something as a fact, and opinion. Therefore, I am done.

• Sad 3

13 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

I deal with suppliers from the East all the time.

Obviously not dealing with any of these, or all the ones in South Korea that are shutting down as well as their # of cases is now higher than China's.....

https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/covid-19-coronavirus-climate-carbon-emissions-china-economy-1.5477466

• Thanks 1

On 2/27/2020 at 6:02 PM, ComputerGuy said:

You say: "And they are shutting down all over. " No, they are not. That was stated as a fact, not an opinion. It is, in fact, a falsehood. 

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/china-manufacturing-plunges-february-amid-043332212.html

And, you're still wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Okay, let's clear this up once and for all. Here's her statement:

"I also think Electronics are going to maybe slow down a bit. No pun intended. But where do all the chips come from? At least some part in your piece of electronic is a chip from China. And they are shutting down all over."

Nothing there about electronics production slowing down. She jumped from one topic to another with no explanation. All she had to do was clarify that. It read to me as if there is something happening to the chips to slow us down.

Go ahead and sneer now.

• Sad 2

Just saw on NBC news which you can watch on YouTube. Just search "NBC News Full" and there will be several of Nightly News.

I think it's the one on the 28th that's speaks about long beach port now having half the traffic and that half the long shoreman have been laid off.

But if you watch several they also talk about the biggest drop in the dow since the financial crises a few years ago. I think it was around 1200 point drop.

They have for several nights spoken about the effects now and possibly future. 

Have a watch if you don't read the news. 

On 2/27/2020 at 6:29 PM, chicamysterious said:

Thank you go solar I will pass that on I just sent it to the person who just got one via whatsapp. We will see.

Appreciate the help

Chica,

Apologies in advance if I missed something, but are you trying to deposit your $$ to a Mexican bank and it's a US check? I ask because I have TRICARE and do everything online. The bill is local, I fill out the handy-dandy DD whatever form (2462?), attached a scanned copy of the bill and relatively quickly (for the gov) the $$ is deposited to my US bank. I then turn around and pull out $$ from an ATM. If you want it for a Mexican bank, sorry for my missing that bit...I was dropped on my head as a child ;)

On 2/27/2020 at 7:44 PM, chicamysterious said:

Thank you I did see that and I forwarded it also.

Thank you for taking the time to do that and send that to me. I so grateful

I really really do appreciate it. 

I am little taken back by all the help people are doing. Searching, copying, posting. Taken their own personal time and used it to help a stranger.

Thank you again

You might inquire if your bank will accept deposits by mail. Fill in a deposit slip, include the check and mail it in.

With a good VPN, there is no reason that the bank will know that you are in Mexico. Unless of course, they have registered your address in Mexico. In that case, they have flagged your account somehow and would also refuse it even if you were physically in the U.S.

Pete

9 minutes ago, Tingting said:

Chica,

Apologies in advance if I missed something, but are you trying to deposit your $$ to a Mexican bank and it's a US check? I ask because I have TRICARE and do everything online. The bill is local, I fill out the handy-dandy DD whatever form (2462?), attached a scanned copy of the bill and relatively quickly (for the gov) the $$ is deposited to my US bank. I then turn around and pull out $$ from an ATM. If you want it for a Mexican bank, sorry for my missing that bit...I was dropped on my head as a child ;)

No it's not Tricare. Mine is "service connected" injuries so it goes through the VA FMP if you know what those initials stand for. They for some reason do it different. I always thought the VA was The VA. But that Department will only mail a check and it depends but it can take 2 to 3 months to get the check. If you dial their number FMP The first thing the computer system answering says is something like the current payments being proscessed are for November to December  bla bla bla. I suppose that is the first thing said because so many call looking for their checks. It's after all that you can speak to someone. But I appreciate the help LOL no problemas... Some think I was dropped someone. Twice

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, peteben said:

You might inquire if your bank will accept deposits by mail. Fill in a deposit slip, include the check and mail it in.

With a good VPN, there is no reason that the bank will know that you are in Mexico. Unless of course, they have registered your address in Mexico. In that case, they have flagged your account somehow and would also refuse it even if you were physically in the U.S.

Pete

Again thanks for the response.

It seems capitalone does know. I've seen other posts of people who use that Bank and with several different Vpns it still knows you are in another country. I have tried several V pns and it still gives me the message that I cannot use it in another country. I may be able to mail it or DHL it. It's not that big an issue for me but some Doctors or Medical personell want to use it, and why? Because they can make more they charge higher prices. But then they get stuck with the US Check.

There is an Insurance type of company called AMEXCARE. I was told they are a go between the Mexican Mexico's get paid by amexcare and amexcare takes a cut. So I've heard from some friends in other places not here in Chapala. I have also heard that others here have said they have no problem with the App photo option but different banks not capitalone. I am looking into opening a different bank account

As always Appreciate the post though.