Chapala.com Webboard

Telus Optik TV

JGiff

Its Cat and Mouse. They block something and someone comes up with a way to unblock it.

But I've had issues and changed locations from Seattle to Dallas and it worked again. 

But some companies are getting around Vpns. Like capital one. You can VPN but they somehow know your not in country and will not allow you to make a deposit.

I also think Electronics are going to maybe slow down a bit. No pun intended. But where do all the chips come from? At least some part in your piece of electronic is a chip from China. And they are shutting down all over. 

These prices already high in MX may also begin to rise. You think?

Heard this morning South Korea was starting to have some issues. That's where Samsung home is.

Just keep fighting

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chicamysterious said:

Its Cat and Mouse. They block something and someone comes up with a way to unblock it.

But I've had issues and changed locations from Seattle to Dallas and it worked again. 

But some companies are getting around Vpns. Like capital one. You can VPN but they somehow know your not in country and will not allow you to make a deposit.

I also think Electronics are going to maybe slow down a bit. No pun intended. But where do all the chips come from? At least some part in your piece of electronic is a chip from China. And they are shutting down all over. 

Heard this morning South Korea was starting to have some issues. That's where Samsung home is.

Just keep fighting

We have several of our monthly checks direct deposited to Capital One with no problem at all.  But we are depositing from within the U.S.

I've found one of the best things we did was establish a legal address there and maintain full banking there as well as here.  It gives great flexibility in managing funds no matter where you are.  It does cost a little to have mail forwarding from the legal address but as far as banks and the IRS is concerned it is no problem working through there.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, chicamysterious said:

Please, we don't need to be spreading rumours like this. Unfounded.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

Please, we don't need to be spreading rumours like this. Unfounded.

It was an opinon. And I end with you think?

I have no idea but it makes me think about it and I stated no fact other than some part of your electronic product has a chip in it prob from China. And the other fact I stated was them shutting down all over.

That's not going to effect productivity and logistics etc?

Again I haven't a clue. But I do read and I see things that effect the markets and even when some particular person makes a comment and it can effect say the peso value etc.

I am NOT and I REPEAT NOT spreading rumors

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

We have several of our monthly checks direct deposited to Capital One with no problem at all.  But we are depositing from within the U.S.

I've found one of the best things we did was establish a legal address there and maintain full banking there as well as here.  It gives great flexibility in managing funds no matter where you are.  It does cost a little to have mail forwarding from the legal address but as far as banks and the IRS is concerned it is no problem working through there.

Yes I have direct deposit. And the government (US) is forcing at least me to do direct deposit. 

My problem is I have Military Related medical issues I endured in the service. They Pay me back when I have to fork over money to be treated for my "Service Connected Injuries". They will not direct deposit that. They send and only send through the mail a bonafide us check. Why They will not direct deposit that I have no clue I wish They could and would but They will not. I have begged and pleaded. So I am sent this check and I cannot deposit it. I understand Capitalone not allowing foreign deposit. But this is an anomally. Its a US Treasury check not a Mexican one. I also have no family to maybe have it sent to. They didn't make it. 

But I do appreciate when people give feedback and try to help and take time out of their day to share information that could maybe help that person out.

I Thank you for that Mainecoons 

11 minutes ago, chicamysterious said:

So I am sent this check and I cannot deposit it. I understand Capitalone not allowing foreign deposit. But this is an anomally. Its a US Treasury check not a Mexican one

You can probably / possibly cash it at Monex, though they may charge a hefty fee or %, worth checking into it if no other options.   Or, sign it over to a friend / 3rd party who can "cash" it for you.   Suerte.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, chicamysterious said:

Yes I have direct deposit. And the government (US) is forcing at least me to do direct deposit. 

My problem is I have Military Related medical issues I endured in the service. They Pay me back when I have to fork over money to be treated for my "Service Connected Injuries". They will not direct deposit that. They send and only send through the mail a bonafide us check. Why They will not direct deposit that I have no clue I wish They could and would but They will not. I have begged and pleaded. So I am sent this check and I cannot deposit it. I understand Capitalone not allowing foreign deposit. But this is an anomally. Its a US Treasury check not a Mexican one. I also have no family to maybe have it sent to. They didn't make it. 

But I do appreciate when people give feedback and try to help and take time out of their day to share information that could maybe help that person out.

I Thank you for that Mainecoons 

Have you looked into depositing it into Intercam? Good rates and pretty quick release of funds.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, chicamysterious said:

It was an opinon. And I end with you think?

I have no idea but it makes me think about it and I stated no fact other than some part of your electronic product has a chip in it prob from China. And the other fact I stated was them shutting down all over.

That's not going to effect productivity and logistics etc?

Again I haven't a clue. But I do read and I see things that effect the markets and even when some particular person makes a comment and it can effect say the peso value etc.

I am NOT and I REPEAT NOT spreading rumors

You do not end with "you think".  You say: "And they are shutting down all over. " No, they are not. That was stated as a fact, not an opinion. It is, in fact, a falsehood.  And you are, in fact, implying some sort of conspiracy.

6 minutes ago, TheGadgetsGuy said:

Have you looked into depositing it into Intercam? Good rates and pretty quick release of funds.

Really? Because I had a person send their bill direct instead of me paying. They got a US Treasury Check and they said they tried intercam and they said no. They are mexican not american. They said they have tried banamex etc. I just couldnt believe you cant deposit a Treasury check. and that makes it hard for me.  If I can find someone who of course calls and they (US Veterans Admin) says oh yes we will pay you for treating that person for that thing. It makes it where I dont have to pay upfront. They say ok I will just bill them and then they cant get their bank to accept it. Or so I was told. So Intercam will take a US Treasury check???

1 minute ago, chicamysterious said:

Really? Because I had a person send their bill direct instead of me paying. They got a US Treasury Check and they said they tried intercam and they said no. They are mexican not american. They said they have tried banamex etc. I just couldnt believe you cant deposit a Treasury check. and that makes it hard for me.  If I can find someone who of course calls and they (US Veterans Admin) says oh yes we will pay you for treating that person for that thing. It makes it where I dont have to pay upfront. They say ok I will just bill them and then they cant get their bank to accept it. Or so I was told. So Intercam will take a US Treasury check???

I'm not sure, I've only deposited a US personal check for $6,000 USD and had the funds cleared in less than a week. I guess you would have to ask them about a Treasury check, but I don't see why not.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

You do not end with "you think".  You say: "And they are shutting down all over. " No, they are not. That was stated as a fact, not an opinion. It is, in fact, a falsehood.  And you are, in fact, implying some sort of conspiracy.

Well sorry you feel that way. The last two words are "you think?" And they are according to the news and a few friends I have  in Danang Vietnam, Chaing Mai Thailand, and South Korea.  

Sorry if it has offended you in some way but that's what I said.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheGadgetsGuy said:

I'm not sure, I've only deposited a US personal check for $6,000 USD and had the funds cleared in less than a week. I guess you would have to ask them about a Treasury check, but I don't see why not.

Yes I think was Intercam that I went to with a friend. I couldn't swear to it but I do think it was Intercam he was cashing a personal check and did. It even had a bank name on the check that was bought out by another us bank. That's what he was worried about because the printed check had the name and logo of a bank that didn't exist but they went by the routing number and account number and I guess the bank that bought it out took all that over. We were there for awhile but it was sorted and he got his money.

But I have asked around to some of the Doctors and they have said the same thing that there is something about US Treasury check. And that I don't get. That's almost as good as a cashiers check in my mind

46 minutes ago, Go Solar said:

You can probably / possibly cash it at Monex, though they may charge a hefty fee or %, worth checking into it if no other options.   Or, sign it over to a friend / 3rd party who can "cash" it for you.   Suerte.

Thank you go solar I will pass that on I just sent it to the person who just got one via whatsapp. We will see.

Appreciate the help

50 minutes ago, Go Solar said:

And yes that was our next move. I was going to see if the signing over could be done some how.

But again Thanks for the Info. I really do appreciate it

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

You say: "And they are shutting down all over. " No, they are not.

Chica was far more on the mark, than you are.   

We deal with many suppliers in China and Asia, and a large % of them are still closed and / or working from home.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, chicamysterious said:

Well sorry you feel that way. The last two words are "you think?" And they are according to the news and a few friends I have  in Danang Vietnam, Chaing Mai Thailand, and South Korea.  

Sorry if it has offended you in some way but that's what I said.

Again, You do not end with "you think".

Now, if you had said "because of Covid-19", or something like that, instead of simply a blanket statement about "shutting down" couched in a series of sentences about "chips from China" slowing down, we all might have understood your point. And you should not assume you offend me, simply because I disagree. That is simply a rhetoric intended to make me look as if I was intentionally causing a problem.

I deal with suppliers from the East all the time. I also know how long it takes for import prices to be affected, and exactly which ones are going to suffer first, etc. etc. etc.

• Sad 4

4 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Again, You do not end with "you think".

Now, if you had said "because of Covid-19", or something like that, instead of simply a blanket statement about "shutting down" couched in a series of sentences about "chips from China" slowing down, we all might have understood your point. And you should not assume you offend me, simply because I disagree. That is simply a rhetoric intended to make me look as if I was intentionally causing a problem.

I deal with suppliers from the East all the time. I also know how long it takes for import prices to be affected, and exactly which ones are going to suffer first, etc. etc. etc.

Well again sorry you took it that way.

Would you like to keep telling me?

• Like 3